22v front ballast options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22v front ballast options

Starting to make plans to add automated ballast to my ‘05 22v and exploring options for the front bow. Ideally, I’d like to retain some storage if possible.

1. Does the W711 IBS consume all the space under the front seats, or will there be some storage remaining near the driver and passenger dashes?

2. Should I consider a sack in the walkway, under my bow filler cushion, in lieu of the W711 IBS?

Yes, the W711 will fill the under seat cavity when full.

The W707 750# is a little wide, but a good value sac filled in the walk way.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

not sure the difference but the factory tige sac in the bow under the seats left enough room under the drivers helm for the heater box and the requisite red lifejackets(4) to comply with coast guard. under the passenger helm most of that area was untouched.
      it was all the weight that was needed for both surfing and boarding as the ve's don't need a ton of front weight.
      don't know the difference between the w711 and factory tige sac but if the same, I'd do that one. not a lot of storage being lost in the end to avoid having to walk all over a sac in the walkway.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Ive never done it but I have always thought about using a walkway bag but plumbing it with a quick disconnect of some type so that it could be easily removed if rolling a bigger crew for the day or not needing additional bow weight. That and a some kind of valve up front so you didnt have to run an extra fill pump. Just a hairbrained idea Ive had.

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
          not sure the difference but the factory tige sac in the bow under the seats left enough room under the drivers helm for the heater box and the requisite red lifejackets(4) to comply with coast guard. under the passenger helm most of that area was untouched.
          it was all the weight that was needed for both surfing and boarding as the ve's don't need a ton of front weight.
          don't know the difference between the w711 and factory tige sac but if the same, I'd do that one. not a lot of storage being lost in the end to avoid having to walk all over a sac in the walkway.
          Good info. How you described the factory bow sac and remaining storage space would be ideal. I'll contact the factory to see what info they have on that boat/sac.

Comment

^^^ Done this a few times. Works perfect with an impeller pump. A deck wash fitting makes it clean looking, or if you have a place to stow a stubbed out hose, just use a cap on it when not in use, then you just pull the cap, plug up your full/drain jumper hose and turn on the pump.
            Attached Files
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by CtxAggie View Post
              Good info. How you described the factory bow sac and remaining storage space would be ideal. I'll contact the factory to see what info they have on that boat/sac.
              In your 22v, the bow is separated from the mid-ship lockers by bulkheads. There would be no difference in gained/lost storage between the W711 and long discontinued OEM bow sac. I would not want the OEM sac anyway, sorry Tige. Many failed in a few seasons and we replaced them with the Fly High W711.

Comment

chpthril, what is the best way to reach you to start planning/designing a ballast system for my V?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  ^^^ Done this a few times. Works perfect with an impeller pump. A deck wash fitting makes it clean looking, or if you have a place to stow a stubbed out hose, just use a cap on it when not in use, then you just pull the cap, plug up your full/drain jumper hose and turn on the pump.
                  Thanks for the info. I typically use reversibles so that is pretty much what I was thinking. You ever seen a bag fail from over pressure without a vent?? Seems like a no brainer as the bag is visible during fill but people will be people...

Comment

Originally posted by CtxAggie View Post
                    chpthril, what is the best way to reach you to start planning/designing a ballast system for my V?
                    info(at)mikesliquidaudio.(com)

leave out the () and use the @ instead of "at". Once I reply, you will also have my mobile number.

Looking forward to working with you

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                      Thanks for the info. I typically use reversibles so that is pretty much what I was thinking. You ever seen a bag fail from over pressure without a vent?? Seems like a no brainer as the bag is visible during fill but people will be people...
                      One could easily burst a sac without a passive vent. We usually set the bag up with the W749 vent cap and make sure the user knows that they need to vent the sac manually and watch it close and cut off the pump when near full.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        info(at)mikesliquidaudio.(com)

leave out the () and use the @ instead of "at". Once I reply, you will also have my mobile number.

Looking forward to working with you
                        Email sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also have an 05 22v I plumbed my rear ones in with equipment from mike hes a huge help/resource. he is going to get me the gear to plumb in my bow sac this spring. i already have the sac ive been filling with an plug in play pump. the sac i have is like this one I have no room under the front seats but I do under the helm and behind the front seat and on the passenger side if that makes sense.

https://www.the-house.com/wkslsmx750...last-bags.html

and i used straight line sacs in the rear as well. i went with reversible pumps which i am glad i did and i used a manifold system so just one hole in the bottom of the boat....but its a big hole lol so double, triple quadruple check that its in the right spot. If you use the manifold system i have a post on here of my install so you can see if your manifold can go where I put mine. Message me any questions you may have and im glad to help out.

Comment

@ctxaggie. I installed a ballast system supplied by Mike a couple years ago in my 2005 22v. I posted a bunch of pics of my install and if you haven’t done the install yet I’m available to answer any questions. PM me if you need any help.

You can search for “skiguy’s 2005 22v ballast install” to find the pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X