Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Tige R20 surf wave?

Hi all,

I’m new to the Tige family. Just after some help on my surf wave!! I’ll start with what I have 2013 r20 with standard port/starboard front hard tanks. And standard hard and soft ballast in both rear lockers. Also my Tige has two surf tabs added from factory. I can get a half decent wave but still needs a little more push and more length any help would be appreciated.
    Current surf set up:
    # Both front hard tanks full.
    # Both rear lockers hard and soft full.
    # Taps on 41/2.
    # Surf tab on max.
    # speed at 11mph
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kingo; 12-21-2018, 02:41 PM.

To help people out on here you probably need to show what you have installed as to surf tabs. There was no factory option for surf tabs on a 2013. So what you have is aftermarket the prior owner must have installed. 2013 had no option of a surf system. Fixed VX was an option on 2014 models and possibly some very late production 2013's. Then AVX in 2015 and the surf tabs I believe in 2016.

You generation R20 doesn't even have Tige Touch, which isn't even capable of controlling the factory tab system in the Z boats that would have had it in 2013. It requires the murphy based TT 2 which wasn't installed till 2015 production. You have a medallion based system that doesn't even have Tige Touch in a 2013 R20. All manual switches and gauges with the touch pad speed control in that model.

What you have has to be an aftermarket system that someone installed. Also FYI the front is bags and not hard tanks. Rear is tanks under the floor with a bag above the floor for the "surf" option which it sounds like you have.
    Last edited by boardman74; 12-21-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

That’s good info thanks!!! Not to sure about the after market surf tabs the guy I purchased the boat from said he got the tab installed when he ordered the boat. Found a photo surf tabs are Lenco if that means anything to you?B0AAC09F-AC64-40FD-B19F-683AC3C13383.jpg

Comment

That controller is lanco's trim tab controller, but who knows what on the back of the boat. As boardman noted, Tige did not have a tab system until 2016. With this in mind, its going to be trial and error for you. We have seen where tab shape and size as well as their location and travel all play a part. Odds of someone having this same setup is going to be slim.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You’re going to have to get us some pictures of the tabs in order to know what we’re working with here. It could be one of many different setups and some will work much better than others.
          Now let’s assume someone added taps 3, which I also did to my r20. You’ve got the ballast about right with 100% across the board, later on you might want to add some more but let’s not worry about that now. So far the tab start with one all the way down and the other of course all the way up. Test out the wave and while moving, slowly give the controller small adjustments at a time until the wave cleans up or gets worse. This will allow you to find out what settings work best, but remember one or two lights on the controller can mean a lot.
          If you want a longer wave, adding weight to the front will be the best option but that will also take away some height.
          I’ll get some pictures once I find some decent service.

Comment

Ya those are the first gen taps 3 plates from early 2016 models.

At first looking at the pictures I was thinking the tabs didn’t retract fully so I checked out some old pictures and they look almost identical to mine. It’s all about playing with it and finding the right setup.
            3D3BA129-ED46-498C-B9FB-4D7D6A9E438E.jpg
            CBEFAA2E-FED6-4429-9F76-EEB0514D1AFC.jpg
            714ECC11-AD20-4CF3-83D8-F021148D51E8.jpg

Not sure how the beach picture made it
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bsreid; 12-24-2018, 03:11 AM.

Comment

That’s a good wave

Comment

Working...
              X