Ballast Upgrades on 2011 R20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast Upgrades on 2011 R20

We've been making do with stock ballast on our R20 but I'd like to upgrade the wake before spring. I currently have the single V sack in the front and the two subfloor hard tanks in the back. I use a 400lb sack on the floor at the rear and we use a mission wake gate. Its a decent wake when you ride but its missing the push my buddies bigger boats have.

I was thinking of replacing the front tank with two separate ones. Its plumbed for two sacks so its easy. Not sure it makes a difference?

In the bow I was planning to add the foldaway sacks above the hard tanks?

Any suggestions on what would make this little boat punch above its class. Also where are people buying the parts for this. I see on wakemaker they have some sacks but they seem to be for other boats.

Appreciate all the advice people have.

You've come to the right place. We have a sac that fits the R20 perfectly, and will net you 900+ on top of the factory 250# hard tanks. These can be plumbed in to the factory fill/drain plumbing as if the boat came with the Surf/Pro level ballast option.

You may gain a little bit more weight in the bow, depending on which sacs you go with, but ultimately, the bow cavity dictates the capacity. Weighting wise, there is little advantage to having independent port STBD bow sacs.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      You've come to the right place. We have a sac that fits the R20 perfectly, and will net you 900+ on top of the factory 250# hard tanks. These can be plumbed in to the factory fill/drain plumbing as if the boat came with the Surf/Pro level ballast option.

You may gain a little bit more weight in the bow, depending on which sacs you go with, but ultimately, the bow cavity dictates the capacity. Weighting wise, there is little advantage to having independent port STBD bow sacs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do I go about getting this? Do you have a link to the business that sells these. Any idea on the difficulty installing? Appreciate the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its not plug n play, and a little bit involved, but doable.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X