Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for Fly High in-sac female fittings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I have to ask, are you really married to the fly high .75" male straight threads? Can you change this side of it, so you are not in need of the matching .75" female straight threads?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The thread pitch lines up to be a SAE 14.

I did not find a female threaded fitting in my inventory.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        I guess I have to ask, are you really married to the fly high .75" male straight threads? Can you change this side of it, so you are not in need of the matching .75" female straight threads?
        Boat manufacturers often OEM their fat sacs from Fly High. I personally don't care what fitting we use, and frankly would prefer something more standard that what appears to be "British Standard Parallel Pipe" thread, but it's unlikely the bag companies are going to standardize on something else and obsolete all of their existing fittings. Unless you know something I don't about their plans! {grin}

Basically we want to connect directly to the bag. It appears Fly High only puts those 0.75in female threaded fittings on their bags. Other vendors use different fittings, darn it. We already produce ballast products that connect to fat sacs, and so far we incorporate hose barbs so we're kind of "universal"... every bag vendor has some way to connect to hose. But the boat manufacturers don't like all the labor associated with cutting a short length of hose, heating and installing it to a bag fitting on one end, heating and installing it on a hose barb on the other end, etc. etc. Repeat this several times and it starts to add up on their production line. So we're looking at going a different direction with our next product to eliminate all of that manual labor and sacks full of fittings and short hoses. But as has been mentioned, nobody follows any sort of standards and everyone has their own fittings. All of that adds up to lots of expense, time, and inconvenience for boat manufacturers. We'd like to help fix that but there's no straightforward solution that we know of.

Comment

Working...
        X