2018 Rzx3 surf setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Rzx3 surf setup

I traded in my Centurion sv244 2012 for a new 2018 Rzx3. I am a newbie to this site! I used to get a lot of good info from the Centurion owners site!

This has probably been discussed on this forum but this is my first post so I thought that I would ask for recommendation on your surf setup for both regular and goofy.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums. There is a lengthy thread on settings. Elevatedconcepts has the RZX dialed in and he can provide excellent info.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=RZX+ballast

Comment

I find the rzx really needs some lead in the bow if you run with pnp. It totally makes performance all around overall just better. I find having about 200 in the surf locker surf side really helps too. If you don’t have the lead dump the REAR offside down to 80.
      With these settings start with surf at 4 and taps at 4 and go from there making small adjustments at a time.

Comment

^what he said.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I don’t have PnP, so maybe I’m just in a different position, but I’ve been running 200 lead all the way up in the bow, full factory ballast, and 500 lead, rider side in my surf locker. It gets my lean and rise pretty close to Elevated’s suggested numbers in the above link.

I’ve contemplated moving some of that lead to the side storage, but don’t think I’ll get enough lean and rise without having that 500 in the ***..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a 2018 RZX 3. Mine is pretty consistent with the following, I have the 560 PNP bags:
            Bow completely full
            Surf side regular 100 % full
            Goofy Surf Side usually run about 80%. I always fill to 100% and then dump ballast to get to 80% depending on my people load. Taps numbers are the same Taps 3 at 4 taps 1 at 4 or sometimes 5. Speed anywhere from 11.5 to 12. I prefer 12 as the lip seems firmer. Wave is prep long, with a nice curl and a good face. It you need to knock down the height just drive the Taps 1 plate down.

Comment

Originally posted by jakelegg21 View Post
              I traded in my Centurion sv244 2012 for a new 2018 Rzx3. I am a newbie to this site! I used to get a lot of good info from the Centurion owners site!

This has probably been discussed on this forum but this is my first post so I thought that I would ask for recommendation on your surf setup for both regular and goofy.

Thanks
              Welcome and congrats on the new steed! I believe you bought that rad looking white and vivid black RZX3 from Texas Tige. Congrats!

Knowing what PNP bags are in the rear, if any, would be a big help on letting us help you dial it in. I am a Houstonian and keep my RZX3 up on the Trinity. Id be glad to get out on the water with you and show you the ins and outs of the new boat.

You will find the Tige Owners site very valuable and lots of great owners on here. If I don't catch you on the water before the reunion, I hope to meet you there.

Cheers!
              -Brandon Lucas
              Houston, Tx

Comment

Thxs Brandon.. I have the 560’s... I have been surfing with 100% both bow bags

100 on surf side 50 on other side.

11mph. Surf 7or8 taps 3 for regular

And 4 surf 4 tAps for goofy.

Comment

Add more weight on non surf side and put surf more at 5. You will like the results.

Comment

Originally posted by jakelegg21 View Post
                    Thxs Brandon.. I have the 560’s... I have been surfing with 100% both bow bags

100 on surf side 50 on other side.

11mph. Surf 7or8 taps 3 for regular

And 4 surf 4 tAps for goofy.
                    If I could offer any advice, it would be:

Speed up- 11.2-11.8 depending on crew size for desired height and length. wave will firm up too
                    Add more weight to offside rear ~85%
                    adjust reg surf to the 4-5 range

Party on!
                    -Brandon Lucas
                    Houston, Tx

Comment

I will try it out! Thxs for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Monesty View Post
                        I have a 2018 RZX 3. Mine is pretty consistent with the following, I have the 560 PNP bags:
                        Bow completely full
                        Surf side regular 100 % full
                        Goofy Surf Side usually run about 80%. I always fill to 100% and then dump ballast to get to 80% depending on my people load. Taps numbers are the same Taps 3 at 4 taps 1 at 4 or sometimes 5. Speed anywhere from 11.5 to 12. I prefer 12 as the lip seems firmer. Wave is prep long, with a nice curl and a good face. It you need to knock down the height just drive the Taps 1 plate down.
                        Excuse my newness. Where did you get the 560 Plug and Plays? And did you do the locker wall supports also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duanehortman View Post
                          Excuse my newness. Where did you get the 560 Plug and Plays? And did you do the locker wall supports also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          They are made from Wakemakers and can be ordered directly through them. Your local Tigé dealer can order them for you or let me know and I'd be happy to order them up for you. Your boat is already plumbed for it, so easy install.

https://www.wakemakers.com/tige-rear...t-upgrade.html

Comment

Fly High offers a PnP kit for both the RZX3 and RZX2. Both sacs and fittings. Just need to make sure your boat is optioned with the Plug-n-Play plumbing.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

jakalegg21 so this is a little off topic but interested to hear why you made the switch to Tige, and how was the 2012 Centurion sv44? I'm currently looking for an older boat thats a little more budget friendly and everyone keeps saying the older centurions and tiges...I live in Atlanta and both are harder to come by, but have found a 2011 Centurion Air Warrior with 150 hours for 39k. I currently surf behind an 2014 R20 thats a friends boat but it won't be available much longer...would love your thoughts and anyone elses on the topic

Comment

Working...
                              X