2014 Tige R20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Tige R20

Was looking to add more ballast to my 2014 Tige r20 just wondering if anyone has any weight suggestions, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few ballast upgrade options for that boat, so lets stat with what ballast options does the boat currently have?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hi, my 2012 R20 has 250#x2 bow ballast (always both filled) and 750# x 2 stern ballast (hard tank and sacs). The picture shows the amazing wave that can be achieved - in this shot the bow ballast was full, port blast full at 750#, Taps setting "1" and 10.2 mph. I have just 2 friends in the boat with me so no need to overload the ride. My biggest learning was putting the taps on 1 - this forces the bow deeper in the water which pushes the wave further stern for more play room and in the case of my boat gives it good definition without wash.

2012 R20 Surf Wave.jpg

Comment

This is my 2017 R20 Stock ballast full added 475 to each center locker Taps 4 Surf Taps 6 Speed 10.6
        D55BD968-E6E9-44D8-AF60-7AB987D4BD06.jpg

Comment

Holy smokes this looks amazing. we surf behind my buddy's 2014 R20 with the factory ballast (2 fronts and 2 rears). The rears are only bags that seem small for the locker but I can't find any markings to say how big they are. we also use the Nauticurl wakeshaper and that changed our lives when we got that...but this wave looks insane! how do we get this?

Comment

A 2014 with ONLY rear sacs, would be aftermarket, so no telling their capacity. Close dimensions, and we can calculate them.

If they are factory sacs, they are built in-house and are 350#. However, there would also be a 250# hard tanks that are sub-floor below the locker floor. So 600# each locker.

With these boats, we swap the 350# oem sacs for 1000# semi-custom surf sacs that plug up to the factory plumbing.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I don’t believe I have anything sub floor, I think it’s only the factory 350’s. Can you give me a quote on the replacements you mentioned? Also is there anything to we can do in front with the current factory system?
              Thanks for the help!

Comment

Yes, I sure can.

Just note, those could be the factory soft sacs, but they would have been installed as an aftermarket ballast system. No way to get the boat from the factory with just the sacs, as the sub floor hard tank was the base level, and the added sacs was an upgrade in addition to the hard tanks.

Not a lot to do with the front factory ballast, as the bow space dictates the room available. A couple 100# of lead can supplement the 400# factory sac. Or manually fill a 400# in the walkway.

Comment

It’s really hard to tell if you have the hard tank ballast bags. I feel like if you didn’t look really closely you wouldn’t know they’re there. I also thought the hard tank bags came standard in the r20. Also do you have the bow ballast? Because they came as a package with the base ballast.

Comment

Feel along the outside bottom edge of the rear sacs. There would be fittings and hoses going into the floor

Close up Drain1.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the help! Yes I found the hard tanks under a floor board (had no idea) ...and then I have the 350’s soft sacs above. Send me a pm on the 1000’s...interested in those.

Comment

Personally if you want to keep your storage I’d go with the 750s that way you still have room and don’t need to run a ton of bow weight.

Comment

One thing to consider with the "800" pound Tige surf sac, is that its only $20 less then the longer legged "1000" pound sac. If you need to regain a little under seat storage, just fold a leg under a little. Value wise, the larger sac is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriskelly0811 View Post
                            Thanks for the help! Yes I found the hard tanks under a floor board (had no idea) ...and then I have the 350’s soft sacs above. Send me a pm on the 1000’s...interested in those.

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                            X