2010 RZ2 Ballast and Prop Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 RZ2 Ballast and Prop Upgrades

Hey guys, new tige owners this year and love it! I plan on doing a few upgrades this winter on our Rz2. I currently have 400 lbs bow and 600 lbs (250 hard tanks, 350 PnP) in each rear locker. We also run a wakesurf edge shaper. When we have friends with us, the wave is awesome! I use them to list the boat just a bit. However, the wife and I like to go through the week some when they are not available. Our wave has plenty of push on both goofy and regular side but we want bigger and better! What is everyone running as far as ballast and prop? Wakemakers is showing I need either acme 1433 or 1617. Does anybody have experience with either of them? Thanks in advance!

Yes, I have experience with both that props. IMO, id go with a 14.5" prop on that boat, especially if you are upgrading the sacs.

In addition to ACME props, I offer a custom 1200# RZ2 surf sac that is designed to plug up to the Tige Surf/Pro sac plumbing.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you message me with some quotes for the recommended prop and custom sacs? Thanks!

Comment

If surfing is your game plan pm me and I’ll get a custom taps plate shipped over to you they work awesome and it’s a noticeable difference also I used to have an Rz2 I can help you get that thing dialed to the max.
        surf till u die.

Comment

chp's custom sack in my 22ve(same hull) was a night and day difference in the surfability of the boat.... best money I spent on upgrades.
          make sure tho and get him to hook you up with an additional drain/fill pump and the associated relays.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Also a lot of us have the 1235 prop and it works great for surf loaded up with bigger weight.

Comment

I had the 1235 and it worked great but I only had it as it came on the boat new. I have to believe there are props out there that if one is spending coin to buy would be a better investment.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I am having a hard time sending PM's, tried sending but don't appear in my sent items so if you guys see them my apologies for duplicates.
                @ chpthril: I have an 08 RZ2 and want to add ~750# in each of the rear lockers, manual fillfor remainder of this season then tie into factory pumps or add additional pumps during off season. PM me with what you have.
                @ 18c racing: Would be interested to check out the custom taps plate. PM me with more details

Comment

Got your PM< ill hit you back in a little bit
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Surf406 View Post
                    If surfing is your game plan pm me and I’ll get a custom taps plate shipped over to you they work awesome and it’s a noticeable difference also I used to have an Rz2 I can help you get that thing dialed to the max.
                    Sorry, resurrecting this thread.

What would this custom taps plate do? It's only controlling the trim right? Or is it longer to make the wake bigger?

I've wondered if there are any after market things we could do to match the new wake gates that are out. Anyone know of anything like that? They are plates on the side of the boat that make the boat seem longer

Comment

The modified Taps plate helps clean up the surf wave. It's a slightly different shape than OEM. I bent my OEM one so I swapped to a modified over the winter season. I'll be honest and say I don't know how much of a difference it made but, I needed it regardless and I do think it's an improvement.

You can add GSA or Infinity Surf tabs to the older boats. From what I've read is the surf systems can be deployed faster (especially if switching L&R Riders) than using a suck gate and you don't have to list as much as the VE/RZ series like to be but, you'll need to run a heck of a lot more weight to achieve the same wave as the tabs lift the rear end of the boat. For this reason alone, I'm fine with using my $15.00 (DIY) suck gate, saving a few thousand dollars, and less fuel burn.

Comment

Working...
                      X