Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE Quest ForThe Best Wave

This is info for what I found.
    BOAT.. 2000 21V riders 350 merc blue Walter, acme 1433. Lockers have 750 LBS high fly each, bow has 725 LBS Y sac high fly that fills to 600-650, suck gate, Nauticurl. ground down to fit my hull.
    ME... 50 years old 5'8" 175 LBS Surfing 8 or 9 years. I can surf regular or goofy not equally but close. Advantage regular.
    WATER..Glass 84 degrees. min depth 25 foot
    Wave Regular
    1 LISTED 1100 LBS no weight front SPEED 10.5-10.9 TAPS 6 LENGTH 16-17 foot HEIGHT 22"-24" more flat not much curl,splashy lip PUSH moderate
    2 LISTED WITH A GATE 1100 LBS no weight front SPEED 10.9-11.2 TAPS 4.5 LENGTH 17-18 foot HEIGHT 23"-25" a little steeper a better curl, solid lip PUSH moderate/high
    3 EVEN WEIGHT With GATE SIDE see boat above Extra 225 surf side, SPEED 10.7-10.9 TAPS 4.5 LENGTH 20-21 foot, HEIGHT 23"-25" good curl, solid lip PUSH moderate/high
    4 EVEN WEIGHT With GATE UNDER Extra 225 surf side SPEED 10.7-10.9 TAPS 4.5 LENGTH 21-22 foot HEIGHT 28"-30" much steeper strong curl, hard lip PUSH high
    Wave Goofy
    5 LISTED 1100 LBS no weight front SPEED 10.5-10.9 TAPS 6 LENGTH 18-19 foot HEIGHT 24"-26" medium steep not much curl,splashy lip PUSH low/moderate
    6 LISTED WITH A GATE 1100 LBS no weight front SPEED 10.9-11.2 TAPS 4.5 LENGTH 17-18 foot HEIGHT 26"-28" a little steeper a better curl, solid lip PUSH moderate
    7 EVEN WEIGHT With GATE SIDE see boat above Extra 225 surf side, SPEED 10.7-10.9 TAPS 4.5 LENGTH 21-22 foot, HEIGHT 28"-30" strong curl, hard lip PUSH high
    8 EVEN WEIGHT With GATE UNDER Extra 225 surf side SPEED 11.0-11.3 TAPS 4.5 LENGTH 21-22 foot HEIGHT 24"-26" flat low curl, splashy lip PUSH low

I worked on all of these different setups for about 6 hours yesterday. I did try lots of other combos but they didn't produce anything worth mentioning just low push or just crap. It was a lot of fun. Definitely wore this old man out.
    With all of this said my setups will be Reg #4 goofy #7 until I try slappers. They need to be built yet I am not sure they will do better, but I am not afraid to try. I am going to try to get all the videos together. I wanted to do them blind so you can pick the wave you think is the best. Some of them were obvious what they were. So I am going to reshoot them. This is a picture of of my under suck gate.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gumby; 08-08-2018, 04:15 PM.

UMMM, that's supposed to go on the side, not the bottom

Comment

I know but my regular wave loves it there. My goofy hates it. So on the side for goofy.

Comment

Interesting idea to place it in the spray pocket. I may have to build a suck gate now

Comment

I did the same thing with the one I built as well. It does work, I just didn't have enough time to play with

Comment

I did this quest because a lot of guys love the list. and needed to see for my self if I could get a better wave from the boat. If I could.Then that was the direction I was going to go. (All in) Transfer pump the hole 9 yards. Most of the 6 hours were spent with the boat in a list. Working to get it as good as I could. I wanted it to work. I know the 1100 LBS is what they are doing so it was a matter of getting it fat. In The end it just wasn't there. (for me) I showed the under gate so you can tell what I was talking about. It is not a how people use them normally. I am not normal. For the people who list there boat. You are doing nothing wrong. and don't stop because I didn't prefer it. It is just my option.and wanted to see what you all love about your wave.

I guess the next question is should I put the work into the videos? or are you all just not that interested? If so is 30 seconds enough for each wave?
            Last edited by gumby; 08-08-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I’d like to see them

Comment

I'm very interested to see your results. I suggest you just post them to Youtube. I did a whole video series on this as well and they get tons of views. I suggest showing the waves back to back to back. I find 10 seconds is about right. Just add some text or put a picture in the corner showing the configuration.

I am like you - must tinker to be weird. Normal sucks.

Comment

I am assuming your are filling your bow sac for the evenly weighted runs?
                  Happen to be at the lake and heading out in the am, going to try the under configuration. I love the gate waves, GF insists the listed is better.

Comment

Tell her that she’s just a simple women with a brain the third the size of ours, it’s science.
                    (Credit Mr. Ron Burgundy)

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                      Tell her that she’s just a simple women with a brain the third the size of ours, it’s science.
                      (Credit Mr. Ron Burgundy)
                      Lol, ya I'll try that, see how far that gets me
                      Everything that goes wrong when she's on her set is because the wave sucks ...sigh...

Comment

2004 22v
                        1100 surf side
                        700 off side
                        600 in bow
                        Swell wake under off side
                        Taps 4.5
                        Wave was destroyed at 10.7 up to 12.
                        Stopped and put the swell wave gate on the side, back to our so so wave.
                        It was worth a shot.

Comment

aspidaso Your hull is completely different than mine. None of the info In this post will apply to your hull. I am not sure but I think it will only apply to 1999-2003 21/23 V I am sure if I am wrong someone will help me out.

Comment

Roger that, but it sounded like a good experiment!

Comment

Just to throw in a little 21v data:

400 both lockers
                              Zero bow weight
                              Sacgate (similar to Nauticurl)
                              Taps 4.5 (I think)
                              10.5 mph
                              2 adult(1m,1f), 3 small kids
                              Rider 5’10”
                              Attached Files
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment