Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All ballast pumps won’t drain. Need help

2018 rzx3
    Went out for a late evening wakeboard set. Couldn’t get the weight right after using my normal setup. Quickly realized I was still carrying all the weight from an earlier surf session.

Seems like I has to be a wiring issue as none of the drain pumps work.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to find out a fuse number or wire location so I don’t have to take all the panels out to trace it on Saturday morning.

Comment

Is this in the drain all mode or drain each sac mode? Not much in common.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have tried each independently , drain all and every other combination. I finally just weighted the boat full so it would ride level.

Tried turn the battery of and on, rebooted the screen several times. Nothing has worked. No faults are showing either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRJ View Post
          I have tried each independently , drain all and every other combination. I finally just weighted the boat full so it would ride level.

Tried turn the battery of and on, rebooted the screen several times. Nothing has worked. No faults are showing either

I dont know where they stashed it on an 18 RZX but there should be a manual drain switch on a small panel. Guessing it would be around the batteries under spotters seat somewhere. On Z series it's in the starboard bow locker. Elevated or Koolaid may know where the bypass panel is on the RZXs.
          I'm wondering if something else on the PDM is experiencing an overcurrent. Seems like once you have a short the PDM will limit voltage output to other loads tied to the same PDM and typically the system needs a full reset by dumping the master and starting over. Are bilge, blower, lights, and all other functions working??
          If every other function is working I would also try turning off the master then running one pump at a time after you restart the screen. If it doesnt work, dump the master again turn on screen and try another pump.
          Dont ask me why but I've found that when theres an overcurrent fault and you measure with a multimeter the load will only have .2v on the POS leg. If you meter the pumps and find .2v while trying to run the pumps then I would guess its PDM related.
          One thing is for sure, unless you are on triples your trailer is overloaded, heck even with triples all ballast full may be too much, especially if running PNPs. Hopefully its slipped in a marina/dock
          Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-04-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

All other functions work as expected. Lights blower etc are all good.

I will follow your guidance in the morning and see if it can settle it.

Is the manual switch labeled at all or just a hiding in there somewhere?

We are in a slip. But I am currently over my lift weight limit as well.

Comment

Pull the snap off cover off under the steering wheel bout we’re your knees are and look in there that’s we’re my stuff is on my 2017 RZX2
              surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Here is the Saturday morning update

Some good news and some bad.

So I don’t bury the lead: the water is drained!

Bad: I am not an electrician so after testing the first couple options with no luck I stopped testing after each step. Therefore I am not sure what solved the problem.

Steps I took: manual override switch ( on the 2018 rzx3 located port side under passenger seat flip up seat)

Disconnected pdm power and reconnected

Power cycled the master power several times

Located the drain pumps and check power with multimeter and tapped on them

Drank a beer and said a prayer.

Something worked ?!?

Filled bags back up 25% and retested the drain all and individual drain. Success on all fronts.

Thanks again.

Comment

Drank a beer and said a prayer that’s my guess

Comment

Gotta love those intermittent electrical issues. Best part is either it will be back or it wont

Thanks for the follow up

Comment

Working...
                    X