Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 RZ2 Ballast Not Filling

Hey guys,

I've got an 09 RZ2 that just started giving me problems the other day. The rear starboard ballast pump won't fill, it will only empty. When I click the switch to fill, nothing happens. No whirr of the motor or anything, which makes me think it's an electrical issue. The light on the switch comes on but that's it. I replaced the pump motor cartridge but it didn't help. Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe the switch needs to be replaced?

It has the Johnson 1000 gph pumps btw, not the tsunamis.

Thanks
    Last edited by cgoss; 08-03-2018, 06:25 PM.

1st, want to make sure you replaced the correct pump cartridge. There is a dedicated fill and dedicated drain for each corner of the boat. 4 fill pumps in the bilge. You would turn all fill pumps on and see which one is not running. So the fact that it drains, only tells us the rocker switch has B+, and its going out to drain pump. Did you check for voltage at the pump? Id start at the fuse for the full pump.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'll check the voltage. Looking back, I'm thinking it may not have been the right cartridge...

Comment

If you still have the old cartridge, strip the wire ends back a little and touch it to a battery. You'll know rigth quick if its good or dead.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X