Electric Ballast Valve Replacements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Ballast Valve Replacements?

What do you guys recommend for an Electric Ballast Valve Replacement? I'm currently using the drain master model...

https://drainmaster.com/marine/products/mini-view

I replaced the old one and it lasted me about 3 years. Now I need another one. Just seeing if there is something better out there vs the drain master model?

Thanks,
    Brad

No one uses those things anymore. If that is still part of your setup, you might be the resident expert on them around here. I’ve never had any interaction with them so I’m not any help.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Those drainmasters are what we use when replacing gates in Epic, MB, and Calabria. Only ever have one Tige come thru that has the manifold.

There is a manual bypass on them that you can put a hex key(Allen) in and open and close it manually. Sometime you can take them apart and clean them up to get them working too. They are basically RV black/grey tank valves so you could try and look in those areas for the parts too.

Comment

Toss and redisign intake setup.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm glad others have been dissing those valves. Only current use I'm aware of is on Centurion RAMFill boats. Do an online search, they have a terrible reputation for being unreliable. ChpThril is correct, toss them and redesign the system. You'll thank him later!

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
            I'm glad others have been dissing those valves. Only current use I'm aware of is on Centurion RAMFill boats. Do an online search, they have a terrible reputation for being unreliable. ChpThril is correct, toss them and redesign the system. You'll thank him later!
            Just find their service pdf on their site. Says something along the lines of "if our valves aren't working it's a 12v issue". That must be why I know how to change them lol. Their service procedure is to pull them out and put them in a bucket of soapy water. The ram fill valves have a much easier bypass though for when they quit. Big T handle that you turn to unlock and pull up to open. Pretty easy to get to and honestly a guy could go a long time manually opening and closing them....on a very expensive boat.

Comment

I replaced my MB drainmasters with electric Valterra valves. 1000x better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Working...
              X