No announcement yet.

2005 24v no ballast need help big guy surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had the taps set to 4 and and the shaper set about a foot from the rear below the decals because it won’t stay on the decals. I looked at it again last night and I think raising it a inch or two would make a significant difference. We are going out tonight I will try again to take pics and see if it’s any better

Comment

We have a 22v, been trying and trying to get a wave right with a home made suck gate, just never could off the rope with out being right off the swim deck (LF fish 5'6" and I'm 230ish).

Made a post here, did some reading and the just decided to stack wgt in rear surf side to get the rub rail to the water and BOOM off the rope in seconds and enjoying the wave, feeling it out now and doing some small tweaks but initially it was on the brakes most of the time.

Right now we are running about 1000 in rear surfside locker, 300 under surf side seat, 400 upfront and 11.5-11.7 on GPS, we do get some nasty splash over from non surf side but a slight left turn cleans it up.

Going to try more wgt up front Saturday and see what happens.

I would (and I am a total newb so take that in to account) get surf side down to the rub rail and give that a shot, then w/o tweaking from there, at least you have a fall back surfable wave if tweaking fails.

Comment

The face of the hub, where the nut seats, should at least have the dia and pitch, as well as a part number. The dia and pitch are the most important, but with the part #, we can also gather brand and cup. Cup is the 3rd spec, which sets it apart from other props with same dia and pitch, but different cups.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I guess I an idiot and was looking at the front side not the rear side of the prop. The prop is a 537 and after speaking with acme they say that my 24v doesn’t have the clearance for the 1235 prop and are recommending the 1617 ( high elevation medium boat weight) or the 2571 (high elevation heavy weight 3000 lbs of weight people/water)

What do you guys think?

Another question is if I add an additional 550 to the front will I loose all my push? The wave seems to be very steep which is great for me but not so much for wife kids and beginners

Comment

Yes, the older V hulls will not easily fit the 14.5" props, such as the 1235. We tend to stick with the 14" props.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X