Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsunami Fill Pump - losing prime / won't fill

Need advice/help,

2013 RZ2, rear passenger side ballast fill process works about 50% of the time. Ballast seems to lose prime. I have to get everyone off the main deck to lift the hood, remove tsunami cover, let water rise up and overflow tsunami reservoir, replace tsunami cover and restart fill.

What would cause the tsunami to lose prime like that? Any quick fixes???

Thanks ahead of time!

Well, an aerator technically loses prime every time you take the boat out of the water. With improper pump outlet orientation, the pump will air lock once relaunched. The pump body or outlet needs to be oriented so the air/water can travel through the bump and out the outlet when the boat hits the water. Another issue could be from factory installed check valves in the fill line. Been know to allow left over water to sit on top of the flapper, preventing the air from purging. The trapped air, prevent water from entering the pump.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have the same priming issue that started once I added a check valve. I added the check valve to fix the passive drain issue I was having. The check valve is somewhere around 18 inches from the full pump and sits somewhere around a 30-45 degree angle. Is there a more appropriate location to install the check valve where the flapper won’t be forded **** by water sitting on top? Maybe closer to the bag? Placed vertically so the flapper can’t get pinned down by water?

I know this thread is old, but hoping for a bit of advice.

Thanks

Comment

Thats the issue with those flapper style check valves. Putting them somewhere in the hose where they are more horizontal will certainly eliminate your current issue, but the passive draining may return. The flappers have a habit of staying open when at rest. A slight passive trickle will likely not be enough to force the flapper closed. Issue #2 with flapper style.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X