RZX PNP Ballast Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZX PNP Ballast Question

Hi guys. Can someone tell me what the 4 hoses are that go to each bag? I know one on the bottom of the bag is the fill/vent from the main bag. One on the top of the bag goes straight to the overflow/vent on the outside of the boat.

I have a third that runs up the inside underneath the gunwale heading towards the front of the boat. It connects to the top of the bag.

I have the fourth that connects to the bottom of the bag and runs straight to the rear of the boat.

I think these two are for fill and drain pumps for the PNP bag, but I also heard that the PNP bags only get water from the main bag overflowing and that it just gravity drains back into the main bag when it is being emptied.

There is a fill on the top of the bag. Do you have the little extension piece that comes with the wakemakers ones?

Comment

My understanding is the top fittings are vent and main fill and the two bottom are gravity drain into the sub-floor sac. I think the pump fills into the PNP, then flow runs down into the sub-floor till its full.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My bags were ( I think ) one off bags from Tige. Not aftermarket. They are smaller bags, like 350ish each. So yes, I do have the little extension piece that connects the main subfloor bag to the PNP bag. Maybe a picture will help:

#1 goes to the subfloor bag.
        #2 is the vent.
        #3 not sure.
        #4 not sure.

005.jpg

It would be awesome if 3 and 4 were pumps. I'm thinking about making a much bigger bag and 2 fill and drain sources would be nice.

Comment

Based on that plumbing, i think Tige used their old Surf/Pro sacs, which are 350#.

1 & 3 are gravity drains, 2 & 4 are the vent and fill.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yup 4 should be the fill line

Comment

Lets make this a little easier :-)
              plug and play diagram.jpg
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

That a great diagram. Thanks for posting that up.

Is it me or is the fill to the PNP (#4 in my picture) redundant? If it wasn't there, the subfloor bag would fill up full then water would get pushed into the PNP through #1. I wonder if you could remove #4 at the Y fitting and hook another fill pump up to it so that the PNP and the subfloor were filling at the same time. The only issue I see is that the subfloor would be trying to vent through #1 and water would be trying to run through it to fill the subfloor from the new pump at the same time. Would that cause fill issues with the subfloor bag? If that was to happen then I could turn #3 into a vent tube instead of connecting it to the PNP. The PNP would then have a drain pump plugged into it at that fitting. Similar to this:

RZX3 plug and play diagram Edit.jpg

Comment

Flow rate will drop like a rock once the sub-floor is full and starts to force overflow up into the PnP sac. The Y allows water to take the path of least resistance.

You could remove the Y and feed the PnP with its own fill pump. it will basically double your flow rate. We've done this on past models with sub-floor and above floor ballast.

Comment

Ok, so the way I have it drawn out with the new PNP pumps and the vent for the subfloor should all work out pretty well?

Comment

That should work and eliminate any draining concerns you had with the on-off sac.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                          That a great diagram. Thanks for posting that up.

Is it me or is the fill to the PNP (#4 in my picture) redundant? If it wasn't there, the subfloor bag would fill up full then water would get pushed into the PNP through #1. I wonder if you could remove #4 at the Y fitting and hook another fill pump up to it so that the PNP and the subfloor were filling at the same time. The only issue I see is that the subfloor would be trying to vent through #1 and water would be trying to run through it to fill the subfloor from the new pump at the same time. Would that cause fill issues with the subfloor bag? If that was to happen then I could turn #3 into a vent tube instead of connecting it to the PNP. The PNP would then have a drain pump plugged into it at that fitting. Similar to this:

[ATTACH]48775[/ATTACH]
                          We did this for a customer of mine - eliminated the fill Y-Pipe and just installed a second on the hose running to the top bag. The new boats 2019 and up on the RZX/ZX line up have dual fill pumps on the rear ballast (empty is still a single pump).

Comment

So is that how they did it on the 2019s? Split the y and added another fill pump?

If you have a photo of a 19 that would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X