Wake shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake shaper

Just purchased a 2013 RZR with Convex VX and am thinking of purchasing a wake shaping device. Have upgraded ballast in rear and an extra bag in spotter compartment. Daughter rides goofy and hoping to clean that up for her. Fairly happy with normal side. Seeking advice. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be happy with the result. In the world of wake shapers, better does not equal more expensive.

Comment

In my experience on Tige’ boats the goofy side is typically better because of the left hand prop rotation. I’d play with your TAPS position a bit to fine tune the wave. A lot of it has to do with how much ballast you run and where in the boat that weight is located too. You can usually go to a higher TAPS number on the goofy side before it washes out.
      Not saying a wake shaper won’t help out though.
      I agree with JohnnieMo that you don’t have to spend a bunch to get good results. There are several on the market that are real nice, I personally like the nauticurl and the swell. They’re both in the mid $200s. Others are selling for $400+. Bottom line is you can get just as good of results with a homemade suck gate built for around $25-50 bucks. It may just not look as pretty.
      I’ve been selling my version for $125 locally. The work well, look good, and they float.

CE04DB73-D960-4BF1-B09E-AE6F87471A1D.jpg
      B8AB330C-9838-4351-867D-0FD2F52035E7.jpg

Comment

I have a Nauticurl I'd sell for $150, plus shipping.
        Last edited by UNSTUCK; 06-19-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I also have a Natuticurl and love it. We are not even in the same world as far as boats though. 2000 21v.

Comment

Working...
          X