Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wont vent

I'm sure Chpthrl or Koolaid will have the answer. Hopefully someone does
    Front starboard bag will not vent(18 r21). At first I thought bag was twisted so I opened it up and everything seems in place. There is a check valve on the vent line just after bag fitting. If I pull a little vacuum on the vent line thru hull fitting I do get water, so check valve seems to let water by.
    Also the fill pump doesn't seem to keep a great prime while trying to fill, but I'm also trying to fill with a fake a lake on the trailer. Bag gets very full but will not vent. If I give it a push when it's almost full it will push water thru both the drain pump line and the vent.
    Just trying to see what I am missing. Why the check valve on the bag vent?? Vent thru hull is above the water line. Is it to help the drain pump??
    Anyways, its Friday and my forehead is itchy from crawling around in the bow. Hopefully a fresh brain on this gets me somewhere, because I'm missing something.

On a bow sac, a check valve really only helps to get a more complete drain on the sac.

Is it plunger, flapper or duck-bill style valve? plastic or bronze. Is it more horizontal or vertical?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      On a bow sac, a check valve really only helps to get a more complete drain on the sac.

Is it plunger, flapper or duck-bill style valve? plastic or bronze. Is it more horizontal or vertical?
      Its the gray plastic valve with the white rubber flap sandwiched in the two halves. I decided to stay and figure it out instead of calling it beer thirty on a Friday. Otherwise it would still be in my bay Monday and haunt me all weekend.

Pulled port plastic and bag out and saw what I didn't notice earlier while shoving my head in upside down next to heater core. The vent hose was way too long and ended up getting routed downhill from bag vent and excess was underneath the bag. Cut the excess and rerouted hose so that it stayed on the top of the bag then hit the thru hull.
      It all works, so now I can enjoy my weekend.

Thanks Mike!
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 06-15-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Awesome. That extra hose and low spot can hold alot of extra water, which is basically head pressure.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X