Add ballast on top of factory tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add ballast on top of factory tank?

I have a 2009 22ve with factory ballast. Can I run some bags in the rear on top of the factory tanks?

Sure can, done it in dozens of boats.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      He set me up last year. Mine is 09 rz4, so I would assume it is the exact same setup. I love mine, flip 2 switches and I have 2200 lbs in the rear in about 12 minutes... Highly recommend if you are going to do this going through mike.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not trying to hijack someone’s thread but I tried to PM you and it wouldn’t let me.

I would like to add a couple fat sacs in the rear compartments in my 07 RZ2 to go along with my tanks. Could I just run the vent line from the tank to the new bag and put valve there to keep it from returning then just run a hose from the bag to the vent hole in the boat? Would I need to just add two extra pumps for the draining of the new bags or could it all be drained with the tank pump. Any parts I need just let me know I will purchase from u.

Thanks

Comment

chp hooked me up with my 22ve. added a fill/drain on the regular side and cross vented(no goofy riders so didn't do the dark side). sat on top of the hard tank. made the wave money.
          was a tad tricky wiring into the medallion panel but he sent everything needed and included diagrams to make it work.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Same here, I added bags to my RZ4 factory system, I upgraded the factory full pumps for the rear, split them off between the hard tanks and bags with a ball valve on the hard tanks to divert more water to the bags so everything fills at about the same time. Connected the vents to the factory vent and added pumps to empty the bags. Works great ����

Comment

Originally posted by bamaboy2006 View Post
              Not trying to hijack someone’s thread but I tried to PM you and it wouldn’t let me.

I would like to add a couple fat sacs in the rear compartments in my 07 RZ2 to go along with my tanks. Could I just run the vent line from the tank to the new bag and put valve there to keep it from returning then just run a hose from the bag to the vent hole in the boat? Would I need to just add two extra pumps for the draining of the new bags or could it all be drained with the tank pump. Any parts I need just let me know I will purchase from u.

Thanks
              Sorry, PM box was full. Cleaned up now.

Ive never be happy with how a piggybacked sac worked in this scenario. You have the sac on the same plane as the tank, and then the use of aerator pumps. Filling is not too bad, just slow, but draining problematic. We suggest giving the supplemental sac its own plumbing. This makes filling and draining more efficient and complete.

For about another 500lbs in each locker, we like the Fly High W705 seat bottom sac in the floor, in front of the battery and taps structure. For even more weight, we have a Double-L custom that molds over top of those structures and holds about 1100 lbs.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We suggest giving the supplemental sac its own plumbing. This makes filling and draining more efficient and complete.
                this is the setup he sold for my 22ve. filling the enzo/hard tank took around 5 minutes. draining took a tad longer. doing it again, would recommend crossventing and draining on the other side from the start. had an issue with passive draining once the bags were completely full.

made the wave night and day different. best $600 I spent on the boat ever.....
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                X