2007 RZ2 ballast questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 RZ2 ballast questions

Took my new to me boat out for the first time and filled the factory tanks out back and the sac up front. I have a couple of questions:

- the front sac drained by itself. Should I put a check valve in or make a high loop with the fill lines?

- the starboard aft tank had trouble draining fully. The pump is new and when full it pumped ok but once half full is cavitated while sitting still. Do people drive with the empty pumps on to drain? I tried different speeds but nothing seemed to work.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the passive draining is taking place through the fill plumbing, a check valve can prevent it. If its OEM ballast, you will need two.

How is the drain pump oriented?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks mike. I believe it is the factory plumbing. It has the four aerator log by the v drive. A drain pump attached to each side of the forward bag with drains by the windshield. The vent is in the front. Does that sound like oem? Would the check valves go on the fills?

Comment

Yes and yes.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Do you carry these Mike?

Comment

yep.

PM me your email and mailing.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                yep.

PM me your email and mailing.
                Mike, got the check valves, thanks! Does it matter whether they are closer to the pump or bag? Figures I would ask the dumb question before splicing.

Thanks!

Comment

It really does not. However, in the fill plumbing, try to avoid a spot that puts the valve vertical where the inlet from the pump is down and the outlet to the sac is up. We have found that water sit on top of the valve and sometimes impede the venting of air through the pump when you next launch the boat. This can lead to an air locked pump that wont prime.

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X