Help With Wakemakers RZX Line 560 Bag Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Wakemakers RZX Line 560 Bag Install

Purchased the Tige RZX line 560 bags from Wakemakers at the end of last season. They are TIG001 (560 Port) and TIG002 (560 Starboard). They also came with 2 EA 20" Extension Hose Kits.

Went to install today as I'm getting the boat ready, and noticed that in each locker is only 1 fill and 1 drain line. The WakeMaker bags have 1 Fill, 1 Vent/Overflow, and 2 Drain lines.

Am I missing something? Did I get the wrong Tige bags? Or am I looking at a bigger plumbing project than anticipated?

Nope. Super simple. Look in the compartment forward a little bit and there are two hoses that are hooked together, un hokk then and you will have your 4 lines. The ones that you just unhooked go onto the line extension. Also make sure the bags are pointed in the right direction too.

Comment

Thanks. I’ll re-attempt tomorrow. Sure would be nice if they included a diagram.

Comment

At first I was just as puzzled as you but then I went ohhhh duh.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
          Nope. Super simple. Look in the compartment forward a little bit and there are two hoses that are hooked together, un hokk then and you will have your 4 lines. The ones that you just unhooked go onto the line extension. Also make sure the bags are pointed in the right direction too.
          Duh!! Super simple is right. Embarrassing that I didn't figure it out yesterday. Guess that's what 3 hours on a road bike followed by 3 hours of boat detailing will do to your brain.

Thanks for the tip.

Attached are pics for anyone in the future who will find themselves scratching their heads as I did.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hay all, I am having a problem installing the same bags. My 2016 RZX looks very different. I only have 1 quick disconnect on my factory bags... The other 2 connections on the factory bag are hose clamps with heat shrink over them. I will attach a picture.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ericballast 2.jpgbalast.jpgballast 3.jpg
            Last edited by ericatp; 05-12-2018, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericatp View Post
              Hay all, I am having a problem installing the same bags. My 2016 RZX looks very different. I only have 1 quick disconnect on my factory bags... The other 2 connections on the factory bag are hose clamps with heat shrink over them. I will attach a picture.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eric[ATTACH]48314[/ATTACH][ATTACH]48315[/ATTACH][ATTACH]48316[/ATTACH]
              Is you boat PnP ready? Does not look to be.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                Is you boat PnP ready? Does not look to be.
                I guess not. It’s a 2016 RZX so I have no idea why it is different. Mine does not match any pics I’ve seen posted.

I’m not sure how it should be set up. I will need to order PnP parts and hoses. Any advice on how to set it up? I’ll call wakemakers Monday as they should have the parts.

Something that did not impress me is that I found about a dozen screws, washers, a sanding disk, zip ties, a MAC 15mm socket all under the bags and floating around in the bottom of the boat. I guess if they dropped something they just left it.....

Comment

Plug n play means tige configured the hoses with the intention of an aftermarket ballast sac being connected up to the connections. I think it was originally an option, not standard.

So, your solution is to map out the factory plumbing and figure out how best to fit in the aftermarket sac. It could be that you mimic the factory PnP plumbing or come up with your own 1-off plumbing.

Something that did not impress me is that I found about a dozen screws, washers, a sanding disk, zip ties, a MAC 15mm socket all under the bags and floating around in the bottom of the boat. I guess if they dropped something they just left it.....
                  sadly, this is the norm with the likes of mastercraft, nautique, cobalt and down to bayliner. They all do this.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Plug n play means tige configured the hoses with the intention of an aftermarket ballast sac being connected up to the connections. I think it was originally an option, not standard.

So, your solution is to map out the factory plumbing and figure out how best to fit in the aftermarket sac. It could be that you mimic the factory PnP plumbing or come up with your own 1-off plumbing.

sadly, this is the norm with the likes of mastercraft, nautique, cobalt and down to bayliner. They all do this.
                    Ya I did not realize it was an option. It’s not on the option list I had for the boat. Oh well. I thought all the RZX where set up similar with the ballast bags.

Comment

The 1st year RZX may not have had it until the RZX3 and RZX 2
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It is still an option.

Comment

Working...
                        X