2016 and newer R20/RZR Ballast upgrade options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 and newer R20/RZR Ballast upgrade options

Ive searched but can only find info for older RZR/R20 that had the hard tanks and smaller bags in the rear.

What are people doing on the newer boats that have larger 600# bags and no hard tanks in the rear?

I just ordered an RZR and it will usually only be me and a driver. Will I need to add ballast to make a good surf wave?

Thanks for any advice.

Locker fitment wise, the Fly High W005 is the perfect fit and holds 900-1000 lbs. The unknown is the plumbing routing on the 2018. Back on the 2015, we saw a shift in the plumbing routing. This change did not fit well with the port locations of the W005 sac. We did a little modifying to make it work ok. In the end, I feel that a custom design with proper port locations may be the best way to go. At that point, we are free to tweak the size a little and gain a little more weight.

The real question is, with 1200 in the back and TAPS-3, how much more, if any is needed.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Okay good to know. Thanks.

Comment

I would definitely go larger than the w005, that sac works great with the previous pnp setup but you’ll probably want something taller to save your storage. We had about a 1000 in the r20 and it was good, definitely better with some more people.

The question about the new setup is how much deeper are the rear lockers and if they extend level into the under seat portion.

Comment

In the 2018 The floor is level all the way from the back up through the side seats. I think its about 6" Deeper. What ever the depth of the hard tank is.

Comment

Just wondering if ya managed to get bigger bags installed and how you did it. Cheers!

Comment

I added 475lbs to each side locker and about 300-400 to the floor when it is just my wife and kids. Here is the result

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X