upgrading my ballast on my tige24ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrading my ballast on my tige24ve

I bought a 2006 tige24ve as my first boat this past summer and have been having a blast in the few short months I've owned it. the boat has a 4 corner ballast system with 500lb bags in each corner locker and two hard tanks under the front dash area, not too sure how much weight the front hard tanks hold. I'm 210lbs and a complete newbie at wake surfing but im having trouble letting go of the rope as the wake just doesn't offer a great push.

Ive been looking at replacing the rear sacs with the w719 fatsac or going with the w712. My question is to the people who have used either of them on a tige24ve. Does the w712 fill the entire locker? or should i just go with the w719? the price difference is quite significant.

What pumps would you recommend to fill a 1000+ plus bag in a short amount of time?

Thanks for your time Greg

Mike (Chpthril) of Mike's Liquid Audion is your man. he can get you set up from front to back. There are custom sacs that are L-s shaped that will fit the locker and under the whole length of the seats. For pumps you can decide on reversible or aerator. Each have pros and cons.

Comment

What pumps would you recommend to fill a 1000+ plus bag in a short amount of time?
      For reference, a typical impeller pump like the jabsco or johnson, an 1100 or 1200 gph aerator, will fill the W719 in that boat, in about 7-8 minutes. About 10+ for a sac like the W712. This is with 1" hose and fittings. Larger/faster pumps are available, but they come with a price tag of money and mod time as they can be large.

Sounds like your 06Ve is either a very early 06 and had somewhat of the 05V ballast or did not have factory ballast on the build sheet and was added post build aftermarket. Can you post some pics of the ballast setup? Even the switches.

The W712 can fit the locker, but not the best. Same with the W719. Good budget sac for 900 lbs, but its 50" length gets under the seat box. The W712 will yield a good 300-400 lbs extra over the W719. That makes a significant difference for that boat of you are listing.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Love to see some pics of the boat!? I have a 2005 24V. I run two 1100 lbs Ronix bags in my back lockers...port and starboard. Manually filled with a Ronix Tsunami Pump with full TAPS. Crazy I know, but it works! ...I fill one side completely ....partial on other. I can almost bust a 360 now!...good luck

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys,

Heres a picture of the pump switch panel thats located directly below the throttle lever, which is a horrible location as your knee always hit it while sitting in the drivers seat.

Unfortunately i dont have any photos on my phone at the moment of the bags front or rear, ill get some next week along with the 4 pumps and the manifold system.

Would the extra 3-400lbs with the w712 make a big difference over the w719? since its nearly 3x more money.

Do wake shapers help at all or at they just a big gimmick?

Here's a few photos of the boat

Comment

Switch plate is factory. So you a vent and drain outlet per ballast location. Hard tanks up front could be a carry over from the 06 "V" boats. Previous owner may have swapped the rear hard tanks for larger soft sacs.

If you list the boat for surfing, yes, that extra 300-400 makes a difference, especially with a small crew.

yes, lots of good waves with some of the surf apparatuses. I would look for one that floats and holds to the side of the boat, the best. Falling off seems to be the biggest complaint, besides sinking...........after falling off.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike! The factory hard tanks are definitely not in the rear and you're right that previous owner did upgrade the rear sacs. Yes the boat will mainly be used to surf so you've got me set on two w712 bags, now ive gotta figure out which pumps to get.

Comment

Fly High offers a standard 1200 gph pump and now a hi-flow edition. Both mate with the standard fly high fittings. If you want to plumb them in with faster pumps then the existing, Might be able to upgrade to something like the Rule 1100 for the fills and drains.

However, with that age of that boat, doing anything with the factory plumbing is typically a dark deep rabbit hole.

Comment

GKrahn: Where are you? That sure looks Pacific Northwest. Washington, BC ?

Comment

Anyone know how much faster the new high flow pumps are?

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                      Anyone know how much faster the new high flow pumps are?
                      Waiting to get confirmation on this spec.

Comment

35% faster then the original Tsunami.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          35% faster then the original Tsunami.
                          35% over the 1200?? So like 1620gph

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                            GKrahn: Where are you? That sure looks Pacific Northwest. Washington, BC ?
                            haha close im actually out in Abbotsford also.

Comment

Are the only draw backs to running a reversible pump size and cost?

Comment

Working...
                              X