2000 21i Ballast Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 21i Ballast Setup?

I'm looking at buying a 2000 21i. I know that a factory ballast system was an option that year, but this boat doesn't have it. I'm wondering if that can be added after the fact? And if so, about how much it would cost?

I'm used to wakeboarding behind a slalom boat, so am not expecting a world-class wake or anything, but thought I'd like to try a bigger wake. I really don't like the idea of throwing a sac on the floor and manually filling it up, though. Did the factory ballast fit under the back seat? And if so, can I put an aftermarket one there? Can it be hooked up to a dashboard switch, so I dont have to manually mess with anything? And if so, are we talking price-wise? A few hundred dollars, $1000, more?

Thanks, this will help me figure out what I want to offer.

Yes, a plumbed in automated ballast can be added with switches on the dash. Price will depend on which sacs you go with and how many you plumb in.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My first tige was an 07 21i and what I did was an 800 in the rear locker and 400s in each side of the bow and then used peeps for listing and the surf wake was great I also added one of my custom taps plates to it and it really came to life. Mike can get u everything your gonna need he's def the man in that dept.
      surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll contact some local marina's for estimates. The setup 18c racing mentioned sounds way above and beyond what I'm looking for, but it sounds like I can throw a ballast in the rear locker and/or under the rear seat without a ton of work, and have that wired up so I can fill/empty with the flip of a switch.

Comment

So what did you end up doing? I have the same boat.

Comment

Homermutt, I have a little older version slightly larger than yours but here’s my install page. Working with Mike to get a new bag for it, (picked up the pump and fittings from a friend that had to sale his boat)

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-installing-it

Comment

Ruger761 what happened to your link?

Comment

See if this re-links it

Finally installing it
                https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like that got it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Osmanthus fragrans tea is a kind of precious flower tea made from exquisite tea billet and fresh osmanthus
                    what is ecommerce

Comment

Working...
                    X