Is there anyting 'wrong' with upgrading my R20 to surf XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyting 'wrong' with upgrading my R20 to surf XL

Hi all from question from a Tige owner in Australia.

I purchased as 2015 R20 as a dealer demo and the fact that it had a 400R (expensive upgrade in Aus) with under 30 hours sealed the deal for me. Prior to purchase we were 100% wakeboard and didn't think we would surf all that much so the factory 900lb was fine. It wont take a genius to work out what has happened... we love surfing! At the moment on top of the existing 900lb we run with a 550lb sack in each rear corner (so an extra 1,100lb at the back) and a 550lb sack in the bow walk through together with a suck gate. We fill the sacks with pumps thrown over the side and the fact that Tige gives us more 12v than we could ever ask for means this isn't too hard as we run a couple of pumps at once. The wave pushes a 260lb guy no problem.

Our biggest issue is its very hard to avoid spilling water in the lockers when filling and emptying which becomes a PITA particularly because we run in salt water here. Given everything is so expensive over here I have been quoted $1,600AUD ($1,200USD) for the dealer to upgrade me to surf XL. Fly High costs a bomb over here (ideally I would love to go with the W004) so I was looking for thoughts as to whether the XL is going to be sufficient and what people have found with an XL. We will continue to run a 550lb sack up front. Just don't want to commit to the funds if its going to be a let down.

Thanks All
    DCR20

Nothing wrong with it at all. Better to have the capacity and not need to fill the sac 100%. Ive done this mode myself on a 2015 with the base level ballast. However, I suggest the W005 84" sac over the W004 59. $20 difference for a couple hundred more pounds.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hi friend! The surf XL ballast should difinitely be a good upgrade for you.
      I had an Rzr (same hull as the r20) with the surf XL ballast. it came with 600lbs in each rear locker and 400 in the bow.
      I was running with an additional fly high 400 under the side seat section and I was filling it with a pump.
      few weeks later I just ended up tubing my sac with the rear one. Not a very big deal!
      I could buy the w005 sac wich is exactly the same pattern as mine but in one bag instead of 2.
      I already had the bags so why bought another to make the same job.. just tubing the one I already have was way cheaper and work perfectly.

I mean, you can upgrade your rear bags with the "L" shaped sacs (w004 or w005) it's a really great upgrade and the 2015 r20 comes with quick connects so really easy to replace it.
      But if you want to save some bucks and your poeple are surfing on the same side you can just keep your 550 where it is, put a 400 bag under the side seat and tubing it correctly to make it automated.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Nothing wrong with it at all. Better to have the capacity and not need to fill the sac 100%. Ive done this mode myself on a 2015 with the base level ballast. However, I suggest the W005 84" sac over the W004 59. $20 difference for a couple hundred more pounds.
        Thanks guys. chpthril try as I might I cannot find a distributor in Australia for the W005. Are you aware of any distributors over here? I assume with our dollar conversion and freight that it would be cost prohibitive to get the shipped from the USA however out of interest what would 2 x W005 cost in USD and what do they weigh (empty) so I could work out the shipping cost. thanks

Comment

I bet you could find the W005 for $460 each US. Looking at about 12 lbs each.

Do you not have a fly high distributor in AUS or just not one that has the W005 in stock. If shipping is that much and time is not an issue, what about waiting for them to order on their next stock order? Maybe a month?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            I bet you could find the W005 for $460 each US. Looking at about 12 lbs each.

Do you not have a fly high distributor in AUS or just not one that has the W005 in stock. If shipping is that much and time is not an issue, what about waiting for them to order on their next stock order? Maybe a month?
            I have tried to find a distributor without much luck and will enquire at the local shop that advertises one or two fly high products to see if they can order the W005 and how much (the import tax and lack of demand here in Australia due to lesser population and boats generally always leased to higher prices - a new R20 here is $107k AUD!) . Unfortunately its likely if I wanted to try and DIY that I would have to piece together the bits and pieces myself as the experienced dealership we have has closed and most shops are reluctant to sell me the parts and give me some direction as to how to install (I totally understand they need to make money too). If you have a parts list or an install instruction for something like this that would be awesome if it is not too much trouble to put together, then I can hunt around and source the parts if they are available in the local market at the right price (or order then from you guys!).

Comment

Working...
            X