Broken drain pumps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken drain pumps?

Has anyone else had a problem with the drain pumps on the rear bags breaking? Our boat is a 2015 Z3. Both pumps have broken where the drain hose from the bag connects to the intake of the pump. The pump housing cracks at the threads. Pumps are tsunami 1200's.

Not a huge deal and it's easy to fix but it's a crummy reason to stop surfing for the day.

The pump should be behind the rear locker wall, correct? Sounds like the hose is either too long to too short and placing the bind on the pump body. is the pump secured down? If so, id consider letting roam free, which might reduce the stress on the inlet.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike,

The pumps are secured down. The barb on the inlet hose from the bag acts as the jamb nut to secure the pump to the bracket mounted to the floor. It threads onto the inlet threads. The pump is located behind the wall. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow.

My guess was when the bags are only partially full, the sloshing water pulls on the hose which then pulls on the pump. I'll see what it looks like with it not secured. If that seems better I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Comment

Hose to short (story of my life) but in reality, no hose. I agree, bag moves, but stays, fitting breaks. Dismount the pump.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Replaced the pump today. I left it out of the bracket, so we will see how it goes.

Mike, here are the pictures. You can see the bracket by the new pump.

IMG_1225.jpgIMG_1224.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X