Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 R20 can Throw Monster Wave

DUUUUDE!

We finally figured it out. The 2016 R20 can throw a huge wave. Here is our setup...

Rear ballast: 100% full
    Front ballast: 100% full
    Add an extra 540 pound fat sac under the seat on the left side.
    Speed: 10.8 mph

250 pounds of body weight in the front of the boat
    500 pounds of body weight in back of the boat
    Center taps at 3
    Surf Left Taps at 12.

For 55k out the door...this wave is absolutely epic. Highly recommend this boat to anyone whose looking for affordable entry into wakesurfing.

Congrats! Pics?

Comment

Suspense!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      71 Cut Supreme, 70 3 Door Suburban, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 12 F21 Surf Machine!
      http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/onetogofast/IMG_4360.jpg

Comment

Yes sure the r20 can push a monster wave! My cousin have barely the same setup as yours with a RZR and his wave is very descent for a 20footer!

Rear ballast full
        Front ballast full
        400lbs under the port side seat
        Speed 10.8
        Center taps 4
        Taps3 at 1

1 person in the front (120 lbs)
        3 poeple in the back (450lbs)

After testing pretty all options in a couple of hours! We concluded that was the best setup for him
        Last edited by Mike88; 05-31-2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Here is a short vid of 2015 R20 with upgraded surf ballast.
          Was stock 1600 total ballast. 200 200 front 600 600 rear. We changed port side 600 to 1000.
          We run fronts full, port rear full and starboard 30% at 11.8 - 12.4 mph depending on who is surfing.
          This vid was at 11.2 mph since this was the 2nd time surf dog has surfed.
          I still keep her leashed up with life vest until she is more comfortable.
          But,yes, the R20 can make a nice wave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2ZGstIJOE

Comment

If I can add some things to try...

Add weight under the rear bags, roughly 250 a corner in steel bags will change the whole boat drastically. Once you can get the rear of the hull down in the water correctly you can start using the taps system to its capability. You can also add a 750/1k sack right in front of the rear center dead center.

That taps system is really made to run between 1-5.

Taps 3 1-5 to achieve 4-6 degrees of list

Taps 2 3-5 depending on people to help achieve the ideal running attitude.

When correct and you will feel it, the boat can be ran up past 11.6-11.8 mph without suffering any loss of height.
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I second what elevated said, a little more weight under the rears make a huge difference on the wave.

Dkurtz1 I sent you a PM regarding a few things, check your inbox

Comment

Sounds like I will be adding some rear weight to mine. I am still a beginner when it comes to surfing. I would like to do it with water weight because when we go camping and we take the trailer my wife pulls our R20 with an explorer and its pushing its limits. is it a pain to take the leads in and out?

Comment

Originally posted by outkastmunkey View Post
                  Sounds like I will be adding some rear weight to mine. I am still a beginner when it comes to surfing. I would like to do it with water weight because when we go camping and we take the trailer my wife pulls our R20 with an explorer and its pushing its limits. is it a pain to take the leads in and out?
                  For starters just upgrade your rear ballast to some custom fly high sacs. We do the odd ski so having lead really isn't ideal.

I sent you a PM, wondering if you could do me a favour. Check your inbox

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                    For starters just upgrade your rear ballast to some custom fly high sacs. We do the odd ski so having lead really isn't ideal.

I sent you a PM, wondering if you could do me a favour. Check your inbox

Ya I still pull my dad slalom skiing so that is another reason for not wanting lead.

Comment

Working...
                    X