2016 R21 Factory Ballast Plumb Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 R21 Factory Ballast Plumb Job

I was out all weekend trying to dial in my goofy side wave and just couldn't get the boat to throw a surf able wake at all. Brought the boat home and started looking at my pumps and following out the hoses and this is what I found....

Apparently the bag was plumbed in and was pinching the hose shut. I wasn't getting any water to my front drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not shocking at all. Seems like the bow bag plumbing has been problematic for a few years now. My favorite was a quick connect for the vent not even attached on a brand new Z3. Our customer just kept running the pump waiting for it to vent...until water literally started coming up thru his lift up floor panel. Ended up having to flush vdrive too as it sucked water thru it's vent. Super cool for customers that have just purchased a 100k + boat.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      Not shocking at all. Seems like the bow bag plumbing has been problematic for a few years now. My favorite was a quick connect for the vent not even attached on a brand new Z3. Our customer just kept running the pump waiting for it to vent...until water literally started coming up thru his lift up floor panel. Ended up having to flush vdrive too as it sucked water thru it's vent. Super cool for customers that have just purchased a 100k + boat.
      You are right your customer (assumption you work at the dealership by your wording) should NOT have to find this...the dealer should have easily found this prior to them showing up during their PDI. The customer and dealer should have also done a full sea trial prior to taking delivery so they can do a complete orientation with the customer and teach them how to operate their new purchase.

Just my two cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, that being said I would challenge you to find a dealer that removes all the paneling in both front lockers to inspect all the bags on a PDI, and when you find them please show me pictures of their tech crammed in there taking a brand new boat apart. Tige also says you should re-check tightness of strut bolts and tracking fin hardware. By your same argument tige QC should have caught any of this on a build before they put the top cap on the hull or dropped an engine and fuel tank in. Don't know if you've had the privilege of trying to actually work on bow bags after they are built but there is VERY little room under there. Especially on the starboard side.
        Normally we take our boats to the lake but in this case customer had been to factory, knew when his boat was delivered and boat basically came off trailer, got rigged and went to customer. Unfortunately ends up reflecting poorly on us as a service provider, but I didn't build it.
        All that being said that's what we get for a hand built product. Not everything is going to be perfect, my goal is to efficiently diagnose problems, fix them permanently and get you back on the water. Just sucks when it's so much money.

Comment

I had the boat in for warranty work the weekend before this picture, I told them I wasnt getting water to my starbord side bag. I was told there was nothing wrong with the ballast and brought the boat home.

Will it mess up any kind of warranty if i cut the excess hose off and re-plumb it in? Kinda a long drive back out to the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            I agree, that being said I would challenge you to find a dealer that removes all the paneling in both front lockers to inspect all the bags on a PDI, and when you find them please show me pictures of their tech crammed in there taking a brand new boat apart. Tige also says you should re-check tightness of strut bolts and tracking fin hardware. By your same argument tige QC should have caught any of this on a build before they put the top cap on the hull or dropped an engine and fuel tank in. Don't know if you've had the privilege of trying to actually work on bow bags after they are built but there is VERY little room under there. Especially on the starboard side.
            Normally we take our boats to the lake but in this case customer had been to factory, knew when his boat was delivered and boat basically came off trailer, got rigged and went to customer. Unfortunately ends up reflecting poorly on us as a service provider, but I didn't build it.
            All that being said that's what we get for a hand built product. Not everything is going to be perfect, my goal is to efficiently diagnose problems, fix them permanently and get you back on the water. Just sucks when it's so much money.
            I have had my fair share of them over the years and I too have been that customer but with that being said I also now do work at our dealership where we sell 6 other brands. Working on the front bags is a royal PITA...hence why on my boat (2017 Z3) I added an access hatch under the bow seat to make it easier to remove the bags/inspect and dry the area out. The techs do pop the panels out on our new boats when rigging to ensure they are filling properly and no fittings are leaking. We are fortunate that we are on the water and it takes less than 2 minutes to put the boats in the water and do a half an hr lake test on every new boat they are rigging.

Stuff happens I also consider the first ten to twenty hours the trail hours you find the kinks get them sorted out and get the boat dialed in just in time to have a great rest of the summer!

Comment

Working...
            X