Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Tige Z1 VX brackets - are these the updates ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Tige Z1 VX brackets - are these the updates ones?

Can someone tell me if these are the new brackets installed? I'm looking at picking up a used '13 Z1, but not sure if they have the old brackets. Did a search and saw a bunch of different looking brackets but have not seen any pics like this one. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Take a picture farther back, but it doesn't look like it, that opening looks too big.
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

Check out the following thread started by JohnnieMo, if this holds true, you would have the correct brackets pictured:
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=vx+brackets
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys! Dandy, that link was perfect, thank you!

Comment

The only thing is, all that matters, is if they are the right angle. That hole may or not be there either way, you need to make sure you have the right angle, to know if they are the right brackets.
          http://wake9.com/

Comment

I concur with Dandy that those brackets look like the revision 2 brackets, but to be sure you should measure the angle with a straight edge. As Ragboy suggests, there is something about that picture that doesn't seem to pass the eye test.

Either way, brackets can be changed. It is a small portion of your entry cost You could also toss the Vx and go straight to a Go Surf Assist. If I wasn't penny pinching, that is the way I would go.

The best thing of course would be to try and surf it.... but I see you are also in Calgary, so that isn't really an option :P I hope you are considering coming to the local reunion in June !
            Last edited by JohnnieMo; 03-31-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
              I concur with Dandy that those brackets look like the revision 2 brackets, but to be sure you should measure the angle with a straight edge. As Ragboy suggests, there is something about that picture that doesn't seem to pass the eye test.

Either way, brackets can be changed. It is a small portion of your entry cost You could also toss the Vx and go straight to a Go Surf Assist. If I wasn't penny pinching, that is the way I would go.

The best thing of course would be to try and surf it.... but I see you are also in Calgary, so that isn't really an option :P I hope you are considering coming to the local reunion in June !

I looked at your other thread with the pic, along with the pic I attached and they are different. The pin is farther away from the boat, where as your other thread shows the pin, closer to the boat(on the other end - close to the ground on your pic). Something does not line up here. How many versions of these brackets did they make for the '13?
              Oh and BTW, when and where is this reunion in June?

Comment

The measurement will be the biggest thing. If you look at your picture and then the picture of the one on JohnnieMo's VX (2nd Gen) I believe they are the same. The reason that I think so is that J-Mo's old one the height on bracket where the safety pin slides through is taller, which would have made it more open. The lower height would have brought things up making it tighter, higher angle.

As mentioned, it is cost of entry. The '13 Z1 with a proper VX does have a very nice wave. One way to find out is remove the VX and if the wave it better you have the wrong brackets. That was what happened to us, we had a better wave without it, then when the new brackets were put on, you could not have gotten us to take it off the boat!

You may be able to contact Tige with the Hull Id Number (HIN) as they may have record from a dealer if the upgrade had been made. They most likely would have a parts allocation or warranty reimbursement to the dealer registered for that hull.

If the boat is a good deal - GET IT. There are a few people on here that adjusted their brackets to create their "GEN3". You could get some assistance toward that and it wouldn't matter anyhow.

Best of luck!
                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
                  I looked at your other thread with the pic, along with the pic I attached and they are different. The pin is farther away from the boat, where as your other thread shows the pin, closer to the boat(on the other end - close to the ground on your pic). Something does not line up here. How many versions of these brackets did they make for the '13?
                  Oh and BTW, when and where is this reunion in June?
                  I'm really not following your explanation. Here is another Rev 2 bracket that shows perhaps a more consistent angle.

The reunion is not set yet. There is a thread under the Tige Events category. Skip to the last page. We are looking at the third weekend in June at Little Bow.

(BTW - good on you for even realizing that this boat had issues with the Vx brackets. That is terrific research. Also make sure that the propeller has lots of clearance on the trailer and that the trailer doesn't have prop marks all over it. This was a bad year for Boatmate trailers and the new Z1)

Comment

Thanks JohnnieMo, the pic you posted in other thread shows the bracket placed in the other direction. Pin closer to boat or closer to the ground on that pic. That's why I was confused. If you compare the pic below and the one above,
                    they look the same but are different. They look flipped. IMG_20150403_174602_zpse00c44b3.jpg

I'll check out the reunion and would love to be there. Thanks everyone for all your help so far. I'm gonna get it and I'm coming off of an '08 Z1 so I've been lurking on here for awhile now. Great help on this site.
                    Last edited by Frosty_Power; 04-01-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
                      Thanks JohnnieMo, the pic you posted in other thread shows the bracket placed in the other direction. Pin closer to boat or closer to the ground on that pic. That's why I was confused. If you compare the pic below and the one above,
                      they look the same but are different. They look flipped. [ATTACH]45232[/ATTACH]
                      Oh ya.... that. I blame Travism for making me put them on backwards the first time. I never actually noticed the picture was of them on backwards. You have a keen eye.

Comment

Awesome! Now I feel so much better! I will still confirm with the measurement test when. I get it but I bought the boat, should pick up from local Tigé dealer here in the next few weeks! Hope to be there at Little Bow for the meet!!! Now I got to say bye to my '08. Thanks again everyone.
                        Last edited by Frosty_Power; 04-01-2017, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Let's see some pics of this thing! Details?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                            Let's see some pics of this thing! Details?
                            Pics are coming soon! Hope to get it shortly, in the meantime, I've got to sell my '08 Z1!

Comment

Working...
                            X