Ballast not filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast not filling

I was able to put my new to me 14 RZR with surf package in for the first time this past weekend. I filled and emptied all ballast at least a dozen times. Suddenly the rear port will not fill. I feel the pump running and I can hear it gurgling if I put my ear to the vent at the hull. Does anybody have any idea what may have happened?

Also, when filling the rear ballast, do the hard tanks fill with the same pumps as the bags?

Sounds like you have an air bubble trapped in the pump/line. Make sure that the hose from the pump is elevated above the pump this will allow the air bubble to rise above the pump and it will prime itself.

As the for the hard tanks and bags, yes to my knowledge the hard tanks fill first then the additional bags will fill once the hard tank is full. Should all be run from the same pump. IIRC.

IF for some reason you can get the pump to prime, you can try and cycle the pump on and off to clear it. Also make sure that you don't have any obstructions in the thru hull that is restricting water flow.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
    X