Upgrading ballast on 2013 RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading ballast on 2013 RZ2

I have a 2013 RZ2 with the pro ballast setup. I am looking at swapping out the rear sacs for 930lb fly high bags. I have only had the boat for a half a season, so I am relatively new to the boat. Is this upgrade worth the $1100 for the sacs? Thanks -

I just sold my rz2 but what we did on ours is we had the pro ballast in it factory and then we put 1100lbs in each rear locker it takes up some room but I didn't care bout that also I put one of my custom taps plates on it and it was epic from there on out
    surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks for the response. If I understand my ballast setup correctly, I have 2-250lb hard tanks with 2-350lb bags. So I have 600lb in each corner. By adding the 930lb, that gets me to 1180 on each side. I have thought about the custom tap plates, but want to take baby steps. I am assuming that going from 600 to 1180 will be a big change.

Comment

I would recommend crossing over the drain and vent lines. With the added height and size in the bags they will most likely end up draining out on you.

Comment

definatly do the x venting and as far as the plate goes let me know when your ready they work excellent. I have tons of pics and also customer testimony I can send u as well.
          surf till u die.

Comment

I took a traded in 13 RZ2 out last summer with a VX, weighted mostly even instead of listed with the Mission Delta surf shaper and was super impressed with the wave. Have used the mission and 8.3 surf shapers and think for the $ you can get as much improvement to your wave as trying to slam more weight in, but that's just my preference, and better than having to transfer for reg and goofy riders

Comment

Do you have the convex vx? If so you need more weight or fat friends. The convex vx basically adds 2' to the boat. I have the 930 lbs. I fully weight the bow and full rear Surfside. Maybe 25% non surfside. Good wave but better wave is I stick a big guy surfside.

If I do not have the hard tank and 930 full I do not get enough push. But if if there is a lot of people in the boat your set up should work.

Comment

I modified my vx on my boat and it had the correct brackets as well and the wave is stellar and I don't need any kind of suction devices on the boat to throw a massive wave
                surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by JTs-rz2 View Post
                  Do you have the convex vx? If so you need more weight or fat friends. The convex vx basically adds 2' to the boat. I have the 930 lbs. I fully weight the bow and full rear Surfside. Maybe 25% non surfside. Good wave but better wave is I stick a big guy surfside.

If I do not have the hard tank and 930 full I do not get enough push. But if if there is a lot of people in the boat your set up should work.
                  Not sure on the convex vx. New to Tige and boats in general.

Comment

the convex vx would be a whale tail looking thing under the swim platform.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a 2013 Z1 and I bought the boat new. Despite the dealer telling me it would surf perfect out of the box I had a lot of trouble. Firstly my boat had "defective" brackets on the Vx. But even after that I needed a lot of people to get a wave to surf well. (keep in mind I'm over 250lbs).

In the end the ballast upgrade made the boat much better. The suckgate made it awesome. If you are like me you will keep pushing for the best wave you can. I'd suggest getting the ballast and some sort of suckgate.

Surf board is also a factor. I'm three seasons in and I still don't have a board I love. My suggestion is start with bigger boards then size down as your skills improve.

Comment

Convex vx is a big fiberglass object under the entire swim platform

Comment

Here's a visual image.jpg
                          surf till u die.

Comment

Nope - I don't have the Convex VX.

Comment

Working...
                            X