Aerator & Impeller on 1 Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerator & Impeller on 1 Manifold

Boat is a 2001 2100v. Will an impeller pump work for draining and filling adding it to this manifold that already has an aerator pump on it? I may actually add an aerator AND an impeller this year. Will I run into issues using this single thru-hull to fill with the aerators and fill/drain with the impeller? Obviously I might see some slower fill times with only a 1" thru hull but will it physically work?

Tige 21v Ballast Manifold.jpg

Moma says never answer a question with a question, but I am. Why the use of an impeller pump now?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthril, I was hoping you'd respond. I was gonna use the the impeller for the under seat bow sac (sumo 750). I just wanted to minimize the amount of plumbing attached to this sac in the limited space of the bow. Plus I though the impeller would do a better job of draining all the water out of it. Not sure how well a single aerator attached to 1 leg of the sac will drain it. Although I'm happy with aerators on my 600lb sumo rears. Do u think I should stick with aerators?

Comment

On our custom setups using aerators, we dont locate the drain pumps in the bow cavity with the sac, so no issue there, the sac gets all the space same as with an impeller pump. We do dual aerator drain pumps on our bow sacs. I dont see a reason to change directions yet.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So would you have a drain thru hull on both sides of the boat then?

Comment

Thats how I design my ballast.

Comment

OK. I think you talked me into doing the aerators with 2 drains. So mentioned not installing the drain pumps in the cavity with the sac, so where do you install them. Do you just run hose through the back wall and put the pumps in those compartments?

Also, back to my original question...Would it be possible to run fill aerators and fill/drain impellers off of the same manifold. I'm just curious if this would work in theory in case I decide to go that route.

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...allast-Install

Page 2 post 25 shows an example of how we do it.

You may that drain flow when the impeller pump is reversed, may be forced up into the fill aerator pumps.

Comment

Thanks for all the help Mike!

Comment

Working...
                  X