RZ2 Pro Ballast - bag placement and drainage issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ2 Pro Ballast - bag placement and drainage issue

New to Tigé and this forum, sorry for the newbie question.

I have a 2013 RZ2 with the pro ballast option. Therefore I have (in the rear) two hard tanks + 2 factory bags in the rear storage compartment + an extra bag port side, which I placed underneath the long bench which is sorta mid-ship.

I am having issues draining and sometimes filling this extra bag. I am beginning to wonder if i am placing it in the right location. I seem to be able to drain the ballast tank and large bag in the rear, which leads me to believe that the rear tsunami drain pump works ok.

Can anyone help me? Should this extra bag actually be "on-top" of the bigger sac near the tank? or somewhere else?

What could be causing the drainage issue ?

Any help is much appreciated.

That extra sac is not stock. They never work right in that setup.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the info. You're right, it doesn't seem to drain or fill in a predictable way. Sometimes it stays full.
      What could I do to have to option to use this extra ballast while achieving good fill/drain?

Comment

Sorry for the double post from my phone.

The challenge is that the factory drain pump is not a self priming pump. It has to be below the water line, in this case, the fulled sac and connected right at the water source. That extra sac is way forward of the pump and connects to the first sac by way of a hose. In some cases, that extra sac can actually be a little down hill of the first. This further hampers the water from draining up hill to a pump that will not create a vacuum.

The other thing I wonder about, is where and how that extra sac is connected to the first. The OEM tige sac has no extra ports for doing this sort of plumbing. So, did the cannibalize the factory plumbing, or is the first sac not the 350 lb Tige surf sac, did they add a port to the OEM sac, did the T in to the pump drain inlet somehow?
        Last edited by chpthril; 09-07-2016, 06:54 PM.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Gotcha. Is there a better setup that would work with this bag? or is it pretty much a lost cause?

Comment

Good question about the routing of the extra sac - I'll have to diagram it this weekend, but the extra bag look very similar to the OEM one above the tank except for the shape of course.
            Is it possible they have "T"-ed both fill and drain lines? and simply except a strong boat angle to drain into the first OEM sac using gravity? In which case, explains why the fill and drain issues.

Any suggestions on a better setup?

Comment

Assuming this boat does indeed have the Tige Surf/Pro ballast, the fill line is already T to the sac and tank. The sac gravity drains into the hard tank through two lines between the bottom of the sac and the top of the tank. The issue with T'ing the extra sac into the drain line, is that there really isnt any drain plumbing on the inlet side. The pump is right off the sac. Tapping into the gravity lines i dont see that being better than whats there know.

Comment

Working...
              X