Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug and Play on new RZX

Morning TO,

I have a new RZX arriving this week, and just want to confirm a few things. I ordered some fly high 400's for the rear lockers for Plug and Play and have seen that Tige only runs 1 fill line up into this compartment to plug in the new sacs.

My question is, will I need to reroute the lower bags vent/ overflow line to the now added sac, or should i simply just plug the 1 fill line into the bottom of the Fly High and call it good? I know to reset the timers, etc, just cant envision both sacs filling completely all while the overflow line is still connected to the sub floor factory sac.

Please advise, and as always, thanks for the help.
    -Brandon Lucas
    Houston, Tx

Does the RZX use reversible pumps? I think you would need to "T" into the bottom tank vent/overflow from the top of your new bags. This would allow the air to escape from them.

If they are not using reversible pumps I think you would have to tie the bottom tank vent into the bag to allow the top bag to gravity drain into the bottom tank.

Hopefully they are reversible pumps and it's a simple as plugging in and venting.

Let us know what you end up doing and how you like the new boat.

Comment

I have not seen the new ballast plumbing including the P-n-P hoses. With that said, you will want to vent the new sac, period. I dont like an un-vented sac regardless of pump system uses, with our without some form of capacity meter.

It could be as simple as T'ing into the existing ballast vent. You may find that you need to shorten, lengthen or reroute the OEM P-n-P fill hose, in order to best connect to your universal ballast sac. You may find that a check valve is needed somewhere. What I would avoid though, is using the below floor ballast vent to fill the P-n-P sac. Ive never liked this "piggyback" setup, especially with aerator pumps.

i hope to see an RZX this weekend. Chances are likely slim though.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by BJM View Post
        Does the RZX use reversible pumps? I think you would need to "T" into the bottom tank vent/overflow from the top of your new bags. This would allow the air to escape from them.

If they are not using reversible pumps I think you would have to tie the bottom tank vent into the bag to allow the top bag to gravity drain into the bottom tank.

Hopefully they are reversible pumps and it's a simple as plugging in and venting.

Let us know what you end up doing and how you like the new boat.
        No the RZX does not use reversible pumps - there should be a few more hoses routed to the compartment that tie the plug & plug bag into the bag under the floor.

Comment

To follow up on this topic. Tige did it right, and plumbed everything correct at the factory, so you literally just have to hook up and you're ready.

Here is what you will need:
          - PNP Sacs of your desired weight. Go with sacs that have 2 drain and 2 fill/vents, if you can find them in the weight you wanted.
          - All of the 4 PNP hoses will be equipped with the W746 Quick Connectors, so you'll need the adapter from bag to quick connect
          Ex for Fly High (W743). There are 4 hoses for each side, so 8 total or in my case, 6, since i unfortunately went with 3 port bags..

BOOM, you're ready to hit the water.
          -Brandon Lucas
          Houston, Tx

Comment

Brandon get us some pictures of that wave already so I can place an order!!!!!!!!!!!
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
              Brandon get us some pictures of that wave already so I can place an order!!!!!!!!!!!
              I pick her up tomorrow (trailer was behind schedule from boatmate) and I'll have big crew this weekend, so between that and it being a holiday weekend, I don't expect to have her dialed. If I get anything solid, I'll definitely share!

We will be on Powell 13-15, so should have plenty of great water and time to get the wave $$$.
              -Brandon Lucas
              Houston, Tx

Comment

Originally posted by BLucas86 View Post
                To follow up on this topic. Tige did it right, and plumbed everything correct at the factory, so you literally just have to hook up and you're ready.

Here is what you will need:
                - PNP Sacs of your desired weight. Go with sacs that have 2 drain and 2 fill/vents, if you can find them in the weight you wanted.
                - All of the 4 PNP hoses will be equipped with the W746 Quick Connectors, so you'll need the adapter from bag to quick connect
                Ex for Fly High (W743). There are 4 hoses for each side, so 8 total or in my case, 6, since i unfortunately went with 3 port bags..

BOOM, you're ready to hit the water.
                Brandon,
                As I await the manufacture of my RZX3 (scheduled to begin tomorrow) exactly which bags (Mfg/model/size) bags did you add to your rear lockers? I'd like to have the bags on hand for when the boat arrives.
                Many thanks,
                John

Comment

Originally posted by Z3 LKG View Post
                  Brandon,
                  As I await the manufacture of my RZX3 (scheduled to begin tomorrow) exactly which bags (Mfg/model/size) bags did you add to your rear lockers? I'd like to have the bags on hand for when the boat arrives.
                  Many thanks,
                  John
                  I have had some time now in a Rzx3, I would go 550's/ fill as needed but I would still stack 200 lbs of lead in the rear of each locker under the bags. Something about that dense weight in a small footprint makes a big deal.

200 wont affect you much when towing either, so you wont need to move them..... IMO ive seen the best results so far when going that route.
                  Germaine Marine
                  "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thanks! Awaiting on dealer for bags and have 700lbs of lead on hand, so should be good to go.....

Comment

im waiting on a rzx2 and was tossing around the lead idea myself but been told its not needed in the rzx2 due to the footprint. guess well find out
                      surf till u die.

Comment

As elevated said, that should be more than efficient. I have the 400's in each locker with an extra 100lbs of lead in each rear. If someone sits on the transom while surfing (usually 150-200lb friend) the wave gets noticeably larger. We love our wave and I may go w/ 500's over the winter for the extra little bit and leave the lead. We have not found that extra bow weight does much in this setup...

As for the RZX2, its probably not needed, but why not get some lead to play around with? I wouldn't tow with a whole ton of it in your boat, but nothing wrong with a few hundred lbs....

Z3 LNG, sorry I missed your original post. Ive been a traveling mad man these last 2 months. Hope you're enjoying your new rig!
                        -Brandon Lucas
                        Houston, Tx

Comment

Can someone post a photo of the plumbing for a RZX3. I have wakemaker supplement bags with 4 pnp adapters on each of them. I can not find any documentation on how to install them. Wakemakers provides nothing and I cant find anything online.

Thanks

Comment

Hey James,

They should be very self explanatory. Rear is drain, two hoses coming up from floor are overflow from bottom bag, and then vent will connect from the top. Right now you're probably seeing one hose capped off and he other going up to the vent/ overflow, with a disconnect in the middle.

Hope this helps.
                            -Brandon Lucas
                            Houston, Tx

Comment

Originally posted by BLucas86 View Post
                              Hey James,

They should be very self explanatory. Rear is drain, two hoses coming up from floor are overflow from bottom bag, and then vent will connect from the top. Right now you're probably seeing one hose capped off and he other going up to the vent/ overflow, with a disconnect in the middle.

Hope this helps.
                              If his is like mine there is only one hose coming out of the floor and one hose coming out of the wall on top. 4 ports in the bags and 2 hoses. I'm waiting to hear from wakemakers myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X