Bow Ballast Plumbing Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Ballast Plumbing Route

I've searched and read a lot of the installs but I couldn't find an answer and preferably pictures for this so I thought I would get advise before I start drilling holes.
    What is the best route to plumb in bow ballast , I want to feed each leg, i can pull the floor panel and get to the full tank but that is short of the front lockers.

I will be using a reversible pump.

The boat is a 23V with two captains chairs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Capta1n

one pump two pumps, one sac two sacs?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      one pump two pumps, one sac two sacs?
      One reversible pump and a Fly High W711.
      I am also going to use a T and check valves to drain out the side, should the drain through hull be at he bow or stern or does it not matter?

Thanks

Comment

I am also going to use a T and check valves to drain out the side,
        Trust me, skip it, its over rated.

One reversible pump and a Fly High W711.
        Not worth the added plumbing. Fill time will be the same. Done right, the impeller pump will drain 90% of the sac through a single port.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Trust me, skip it, its over rated.

Not worth the added plumbing. Fill time will be the same. Done right, the impeller pump will drain 90% of the sac through a single port.
          OK, I just like the idea of hearing the water stop when it was empty.

Comment

Yep, I like the concept too. But after doing a handful and not liking the long term results, I dont suggest it any more. The valves are unreliable, resulting in reduced flow and priming issues.

Comment

Yep, I like the concept too. But after doing a handful and not liking the long term results, I dont suggest it any more. The valves are unreliable, resulting in reduced flow and priming issues.
              Chpthril

Any advise on plumbing route, As i have two captains chairs my back lockers do not link to the front so i am hoping to go under the floor

Comment

Working...
              X