2013 Z3 ballast filling issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Z3 ballast filling issues

Been awhile since I have been on the forum. Having an issue where the ballast pump is running, I can hear it and opened the batch to check it, yet the ballast bag does not fill. I have to drive around on and off plane and it eventually starting filling although lately it has gotten worse and one bag will not fill. Anyone have an ideas on how to fix this? Also now one of my pumps is not running at all. Anyone replaced their tsunami pumps? It looks like I could buy a 1200 (they have 800) online pretty cheap and just switch it out but I have NOT pulled the pump to check them next to each other. That is my next step.

Thanks for the great advice as always!

Make sure the full hose goes up and there are no dips in the line for air to get trapped.

Comment

the hoses go up to a high point at the front of the engine compartment and then down to the bag it looks like. Is that normal?

Comment

Pop the cartage out to make sure nothing is lodged in the pump or intake. Next, make sure the orientation the outlet is such that its not creating an air trap. You want upward travel all the way from the thru-hull to the pump outlet.

For the pump thats not running, you need to test for battery voltage at the pump when its on.

As to swapping them out, you will need to go with a pump that has the same size threaded inlet and barbed outlet. if your boat currently has the T800, you can swap to the T1200 without additional hardware as well as upgrading the hose.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril! I was looking at the pump and I wonder if this pump removed from the housing (http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/attw...ildCatid=12622) would just drop into the housing in the boat? My boat is at the marina so I will test this theory out tomorrow however just curious since you are the supreme tige master and knower of all things.

Comment

No, you need to either replace the entire pump with the same aerator pump, or, just replace the cartridge motor if thats all that wrong. A T800 cartridge can be had for about $25 and takes a few minutes to swap.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X