New Tige Owner - 2013 RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tige Owner - 2013 RZ2

Hello - I picked up my new (to me) RZ2 yesterday. Got to take it out today for the first time. I wanted to reset the fill times to make sure that everything was calibrated correctly. According to the dealer the boat has the XL ballast upgrade. I have two bags in the front and two in the back. I emptied all of the bags and reset the timer - started the fill. The front bags began overflowing in less that 2 minutes, the rear took about 9. The previous owner had the settings at 7min for the front and 9 for the rear. I am not sure what size bags I have in the front, but was thinking it should take longer than 2min to fill. Does that sound correct?

My children are all beginners (surf and wake board) The previous owner had a beginner wakeboard profile setup with zero ballast and a TAPS of 4. Does that sound reasonable?

Last question - with regards to the TAPS system, my boat with no ballast and 4 people seems to ride better with a setting of 2 or 3. At 8, its hard to get the boat on plane. If you are just riding or pulling tubes/skiers - what is the best TAPS setting?

Thanks in advance - John

For the rear, I can say without a doubt, you have a 250 lb hard tank under the floor and 350 lb soft sac on top. This gives you 600 lbs in each rear locker. IIRC, the fill pumps on your 2013 are 1200 gph. Subtract 25% for the actual fill rate at the sac and tank. Now you can calculate the apx time to fill.

For the bow. You could have the pro level, which would be two 400 lb sac. Each would have a 1200 gph pump. Again, subtract 25% for head pressure.

Think of the TAPS setting as the trim on an I/O or outboard. Lower number = plate is lower in water = better planing as the nose is down. Beyond planing, its for tweaking the wake.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Does each ballast tank have its own pump? For the rear, should I calculate one side at a time - or both at the same time? Thanks again

Comment

Does each ballast tank have its own pump?
        Yes, each side has its own fill pump. Port side locker hard tank and sac has its own fill pump and STBD side hard tank and sac has its own fill pump.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Comment

Michael for the win
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
            X