2013 z1 wake surf settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 z1 wake surf settings

Hey guys what's the best settings for wake surfing on a 2013 Z1? My boat seems like the wave doesn't push well. I also ride my friends G21 and the wake is nice and pushy! I have the 409 with 2000 lbs of ballast.

More weight and lean it over.......
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I have exactly the same boat.

Do you have a Vx? If so you need to verify the brackets that it mounts to the swim platform with are correct. Take a picture of them and post it. If they are incorrect you will be miserable forever.

Secondly the stock ballast is insufficient. Your best bet to surf a stock 2013 Z1 is to load the front full, and surf side rear. Then put every person in the boat on the surf side corner. That might work.

If that doesn't work you can remove the Vx entirely and try.

If that doesn't work then just load the front and back, surf side only.

The ultimate fix is to increase your ballast in the rear from 600 to 1000+.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

I reiterate what everyone else has said. Ultimately you want to upgrade those rear bags to weight that will give you 1000 + in the surf corner. If that's not an option right now I would fill the surf side corner and only the surf side front Taps between 3 and 5. Once you get that dialed in I would start filling the the opposite side front bag to lengthen. That 600 lbs in the corner just limits you.

Comment

Agree with all above but also like an extra 250 in lead up front. For goofy riders, it really extends the wave.

Comment

What's the best source for new ballast for my boat?

Comment

Originally posted by gumby 281 View Post
              What's the best source for new ballast for my boat?
              Can you confirm whether your 2013 has the surf or pro level ballast. The rear setup is the same, but the bow sacs are different. On a z3, its needs more bow weight than the surf level offers IF you add more to the rear. Upgrading the rear surf sac is easy, bow, not so easy.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It's the pro level.

Comment

I know it's a bit annoying to pay a fortune for a boat that doesn't do what it should out of the box.

But check those Vx brackets and add more weight. You likely will also need a new propeller to move the extra weight in the back.

You may also want to try building a suck gate. For $25 it could be your answer.

Comment

image.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bracket pics. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

So the bad news is that you have the Version 1 brackets. The gap in them is a tell-tale sign. Is your boat still under warranty? If so, you can demand a replacement.

There are three versions of brackets and technically there is nothing "wrong" with them. The only change from Rev 1, 2 and 3 is the angle of the Vx. A steeper angle (i.e. Rev 3) is a steeper wave. A shallower angle (i.e. Rev 1) is a smaller/longer wave but will mean the boat is effectively longer and needs even MORE weight. Case and point, this is my surfing my Rev 1 brackets. Granted I had the Pro ballast full, 750lbs on the port side seat, and about 2500lbs of 'dude' positioned exactly where it needed to be. The wave was incredible.

There is nothing wrong with any version of the bracket but it really comes down to what kind of wave you want. In 2015 Tige fixed this by adding the adjustable Vx and everyone was happy.

If it were me I would jump straight to Rev 3. However some guys may have Rev 2 brackets they could give you. Tige has in the past treated the Rev 1 brackets as a warranty correction. They were actually a mistake. Note that you may also need to trim your Vx, and that isn't always trivial.

You can read about the different brackets in my thread here:
                        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...for-a-TAPS3-VX

--

In the short term you can just remove the Vx entirely and try it. It will be night and day.
                        Last edited by JohnnieMo; 08-08-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I have contacted my dealer about brackets. What is a good place to find 1000 or bigger ballast?

Comment

Talk to Chpthrl on here. He will set you up.

Did the dealer know what you were talking about? I find that this is sometimes a mystery.

While we're at this, what brand of trailer do you have? (There is a recall on the boatmate trailers from 2013 also)

Comment

It is a boatmate

Comment

Working...
                              X