Front ballast on a Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front ballast on a Z3

I have a 2013 Z3 with factory bags. When I start the filling process for my front bags water exits both the empty and overflow ports on both front ballast bags. The touch screen only indicates 50 to 75% full no matter how long it runs. When I empty the front ballasts I see a strong outflow of water from the drain port only from both front bags. I have ensured the bags were empty before I started the fill process and I also reset the fill timer. Is this normal?

I have a 2014 Z3 with Surf Ballast. Yeah, the front of my boat is usually peeing before it reads 75% full......My guess is the factory set timers are for the Pro Ballast bags.... We add a 200 lbs of lead wake ballast bags to the front when surfing and 500lbs total to the rear lockers when surfing. The boat is usually my daughter surfing and my 125lb bride in the rear corner while I drive (240 lbs).
    PS - I've never reset the fill timer.....We always fill the front full when we surf/wakeboard. When they pee they are full :-)

Comment

Time them from empty until they overflow out the drain and vent. Set your timers to match that time as the fill time. Do the same for empty times. This will help your % be a little more accurate.

Comment

Yep, just alter ballast fill and drain times in your settings.

Comment

When I start the filling process for my front bags water exits both the empty and overflow ports on both front ballast bags.
          Like how soon? An empty bow sac should have about a 3-4 minute fill time. So the sacs are either not empty or twisted in a knot.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Water spits out of both ports within seconds of starting the fill cycle.

Comment

The bags are probably twisted as stated above. Unscrew your access panel under the observer seat to gain access. I use an extendable boat hook to push the bags back in place. I trailer a lot and believe this is when the bags move around. I have had to do this twice since buying my Z3 in 2013. It wound be nice to have a hatch upfront but this method works as I can reach both bags with the hook.
              A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

I have an '11 RZ4. Do the front ballasts and rear ballast each share an overflow and each bag has a separate drain?

Comment

Originally posted by kmkramer71 View Post
                  I have an '11 RZ4. Do the front ballasts and rear ballast each share an overflow and each bag has a separate drain?
                  The only shared vent overflow would be the rear hard tank and its paired surf sac. Beyond that, nothing is shared. Your 2011 may have a single U shaped bow sac, even though its feed by 2 pumps and drain by 2 pumps. I think it would have a single vent.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                  X