Bow Bag for a 02' 2300 V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Bag for a 02' 2300 V

I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to bags, or types. I need a 200# bag for the bow of our boat. When we have 1 surfing and 2 in the boat someone always has to sit up front and run the flag/rope or the wave looses all length. I don't care that we have to fill it with a pump, but are suggestions?

In my 2300v I have used a Fly High W711 bow bag under the seats. When running listed I would roll the off side under so only the surf side would fill. Rated for 650lbs but probably only gets I would guess 4-500 lbs using both legs. A 400 in the walkway in addition to it worked well for me, though I hated seeing the bag. I have since replaced the 400 bag with leadwakes bags in the very front compartment. I run with a gate setup now... so fill the bow bag full and I have 250 lbs that gets moved depending on the size of my crew. Works well plus it leaves me with no exposed bags. You will know as soon as you have too much bow weight... the wave will look amazing but have no push. You can also speed up to elongate the wave. What speed do you run?

Comment

Just noticed you are in Boise. I'm in Donnelly. Cheers!

Comment

We run a "suck gate" we made so we run even weight, and it doesn't seem to need much, 150 to 300 seems to be fine. We are running 11.2 to 11.5 depending on how many people we have in the boat. We don't have any room under the seats right now, I guess we could move stuff around but that is about the only place to put life jackets and ropes with the bags in the back full, our anchor goes in the very front compartment.

My cousin lives on Donnelly, we usually run up there before the water is too low to use their dock, they are across from Tamarack.

Comment

Working...
        X