2013 z1 won't come up on plane with ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 z1 won't come up on plane with ballast

I just bought a 2013 z1 with convex vx and the factory 2000 pounds of ballast. And it wont come up on plane with the ballast full, it wont go past 16mph taps set to 0. Is this normal ?. The engine is the pcm 343 with 130hours on it and the prop is 13.5x14.25... We were 4 in the boat when we were testing it. Thanks !

Yes, thats expected. 1200 aft is too much to plane.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Perfect thanks !

Comment

Mine won't do it either. Best bet is to put bodies in the bow to get on plane. I also run a 1433 prop which helps a bit (not sure if that is what your is....)

Comment

I think that the 1433 is 14 inch in diameter instead of 13.5 with the same pitch.. Do you think that the 1/2 inch make a big difference ?
          Also i dont know much about ballast but it looks really low in the water. With just 4 people in the boat with full ballast there was only about a bit more than a foot of hull left not in the water at the bow area, i would be scared to be more in the boat when the ballast are full... Sorry if these are dumb questions but it my first wakeboard boat hahaha !
          Last edited by Fredtigéz1; 07-19-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I put people up front with full ballast all the time. You need to be careful as the driver or they will get soaked.

If needed, throttle up and then have some people move up front. That will help it plane.

As for the props every bit counts. I went with the 1433 instead of the 1235 due to trailer clearance. However if I had it to do again I would go to the 1235 and adjust the trailer more if I had too.

What brand of trailer do you have? The 2013 boatmates had clearance issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Originally posted by Fredtigéz1 View Post
              I think that the 1433 is 14 inch in diameter instead of 13.5 with the same pitch.. Do you think that the 1/2 inch make a big difference ?
              Also i dont know much about ballast but it looks really low in the water. With just 4 people in the boat with full ballast there was only about a bit more than a foot of hull left not in the water at the bow area, i would be scared to be more in the boat when the ballast are full... Sorry if these are dumb questions but it my first wakeboard boat hahaha !
              Before trying to fix a predictable issue, i would ask why are you trying to plane out with full aft ballast? if you could, you would find the wake board wake to be crap and its too fast for surfing.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am not saying that i want to ride with full ballast. I just do back roll and tantrum so I dont need that big of a wake ! I just wanted to know if it was normal that it wouldn't get on plane. I taught that there was something wrong with my boat....

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                  I put people up front with full ballast all the time. You need to be careful as the driver or they will get soaked.

If needed, throttle up and then have some people move up front. That will help it plane.

As for the props every bit counts. I went with the 1433 instead of the 1235 due to trailer clearance. However if I had it to do again I would go to the 1235 and adjust the trailer more if I had too.

What brand of trailer do you have? The 2013 boatmates had clearance issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
                  I have a custom trailer but i am pretty sure that a 1235 wouldn't fit... Even with my 1579 its pretty close. Ill probably have to modify the trailer if I ever decide to buy a bigger prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredtigéz1 View Post
                    I am not saying that i want to ride with full ballast. I just do back roll and tantrum so I dont need that big of a wake ! I just wanted to know if it was normal that it wouldn't get on plane. I taught that there was something wrong with my boat....

Nothing wrong as others have said. Just a lot of weight for that little motor. I have the same setup. The prop does make a big difference tho. If you have the 537 I would look into an upgrade. I went with the 1235 but you need to make sure you have enough clearance on your trailer first. It's an expensive lesson. I learned it twice. I have MLA custom bags in the rear and when my boat is full the swim step is about 3-4" under water. I can run about 15mph with all ballast full. It's a killer on fuel tho.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies, they helped me alot !

Comment

Working...
                      X