Z3 Custom Bag Size Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 Custom Bag Size Clarification

Fellas, looking for some clarification on some custom bags available on wakemakers.... homefully Mike will chime in here too.

I always run with a light crew. I've done a ton of testing on my Z3 this summer and I've learned that Rayboy's suggestion of a full bow is right on. However, I've also learned the 2000 pounds of ballast my W004's give me is not enough. I've been running spare bags on seats to give me the desired 400-600 lbs extra ballast needed but that's getting old. Ill provide some screen shots of the bags from wakemakers below.

The starboard bag has dimensions of 83L x 23"W x 24"H. The main description has a weight of 1180 and the second screen shot reiterates a weight of 1180

The port bag has dimensions of 83L x 23"W x24"H as well. Main description has 1180 pounds put if you scroll down on the page (second screen shot) list the wight at 1450. I understand the leg could be longer but 300 lbs of longer? Doesn't make sense to me.

If both bags are 1180 they will be perfect for my boat as my 2015 still has the hard tanks in it..... looking for someone who may have real world experience with the bags and real weights.

Thanks.

I have mikes customs in my 15 Z3. I believe they are around 1500 lbs plus or minus some. They will raise the side seats some if nothing is on them. Mine is an AVX boat and they made a huge difference. Much easier to get the desired list and still have a little offside weight to firm up the wave.

You will have to reinforce the engine dividers. They will blow them out. I had to put the vertical runners MLA supplied and add 3" angle aluminum to the base to keep them from kicking out.

The quick disconnects are a nice feature over the stock bags too.

Billy

Comment

I say go lead dude... i dont even take mine out. No problems trailering, they stay under the bags all is good
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I cannot explain the discrepancy in the description of my competitor's product. However, I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the MLA custom Z3 sacs.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
          I say go lead dude... i dont even take mine out. No problems trailering, they stay under the bags all is good
          Elevated where did you get your lead? I think that's the route I'm going to go. I have a 15 Z3 with the 1100 lb bags in the rear and I think a couple hundred lbs of lead on the surf side would make it money.

Comment

Best lead is lead wake imho. Really nice bags designed to stack or conform. Love my lead wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I absolutely like the price option of the leadwake bags. I need a minimum of 200 lbs additional for each rear corner so I could see putting it in and taking it out a total PITA. Maybe I'm wrong.

chp ill e-mail you for a price on you customs.

When I installed my W004's in my Z3 that came from my RZR I found that Tige's OEM 350 lb bag has narrower port locations than my fly high W004 bags so I had to cut hose to line them up with my fly high bag. Do the new customs from fly high have port locations that are commensurate with the new Tige OEM port locations or traditional port locations in the past?

My Z3 was an early build 2015 that still has hard tanks... so not sure if the customs will be too big... not having the extra height with the tanks still being there.

Comment

I dont ever take mine out, call me crazy but I tow heavy all day everyday for a living and based on what the axle rating is, the extra 800 isnt crazy out of spec. I move half of it over the nose when going long distances but with the handles its cake.

Works great for us
                Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba08 View Post
                  Elevated where did you get your lead? I think that's the route I'm going to go. I have a 15 Z3 with the 1100 lb bags in the rear and I think a couple hundred lbs of lead on the surf side would make it money.

I deal with Jared Directly at leadwake because he lives close by. Tell him Jason sent you he will hook you up.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                    Best lead is lead wake imho. Really nice bags designed to stack or conform. Love my lead wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the only ones. Some asshat tried to team up with him and knock his product off. But the only ones worth a hell that are made right are Jareds end of story.
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                    X