ballast check valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ballast check valve?

Looking for some input on ballast, its new to us, and a new to us boat.
    When the bag is full and you shut the pump off it is sucking the water right back out the same hose that fills it, and emptying through the bottom of the boat back into the lake, Like is causing a vacuum effect. PO says he never had this issue. What should I be looking for?
    On the goofy side the bag is a little smaller and it drains in about 3 min or so, on the regular side the bag is bigger and has more room at the top of the bag where it fits up to the sun pad, that part will drain but the main part of the bag going under the seats seems to be staying full.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Question/page2

Page 2 has evolved into a passive draining discussion. However, the boat under discussion I am familiar with the ballast setup. If you can provide more info or pictures of your particular ballast setup, it may help in identifying the cause.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I will try and get you some pics tonight when we take it out. We just bought it and its been flooded with problems from the get go, we finally got it back yesterday and were able to take it out for a few hours before the RPM'S were jumping and it would die at idle.
      Anyways I think you had some input originally with this set up. Not sure if you remember this thread or not, but I think he sold the boat to the guy we bought it from.
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...st-install-23V

Comment

The PO said he didn't have any problems with it last year so I didn't know if it may be something that needs replaced from
        Sitting over winter too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unless the PO u bought from did some work to it, there should already be 2 check valves one in each fill line.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We took them off and there is no valve. Maybe he took them off. Is it normal to burp the air pocket out of them?

Comment

To what off what?

Burp air from the sac? That should happen organically through the vent line.

Comment

We took the fill lines off the bags, we took the bags out to scrub them down and re connected them, there was no check valve.

Yes burp air from the sac, when they look fill we have to pull the fill one off the sac and burp air out of them, then replace the line. They do not vent air on their own.

Comment

The check valve could be inline down closer to the pump in the bilge. There should be 3 connections on each sac. Fill and vent on top and drain down on the end panel.

Comment

OK, I will look for that tonight, and if they are there what should I be looking for or a test of some kind to see why its not working?

Comment

If the check valve is there and functioning, you can blow back through the fill line and air should not pass. Have you isolated the passive draining to just the fill plumbing?

Comment

I ran out of time to look at it last night. I will look tonight. Yes it is just passive draining from the fill line.

Comment

Working...
                        X