Ronix wakesurf shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronix wakesurf shaper

Has any tried the ronix wakesurf shaper? I have a 2001 21v. Was interested if it would help my wake shape. https://vimeo.com/169641112

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would buy the Mission Delta before the Ronix product. It doesn't require attaching Velcro to your hull like Ronix's product and it would be easier to store. I believe it's priced the same. Here's the link: http://www.missionboatgear.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread might interest you. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...036#post763036

There are threads on wakeworld of people using a skate / bike ramp similar to the wakeshaper. I haven't seen it but my buddy has a '06 SANTE and added the Ronix product and he said that it improved the wave.

Comment

two 1080 skateboard ramps bolted together and you are done if you want to go the wedge route. If it were me Delta has lots of time and engineering behind a product they say is the best on the market. I would spend the money if it were me
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
          two 1080 skateboard ramps bolted together and you are done if you want to go the wedge route. If it were me Delta has lots of time and engineering behind a product they say is the best on the market. I would spend the money if it were me
          Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Surfed last night behind my brothers 2011 rz4 and he did the bolt two 1080 skateboard ramps together and velcro to the side. The wake was.... huge! I honestly couldn't believe how big it was. He has some pics I'll try and get some from him and post on here. It did come off a few times so we are trying to figure out how to get it to stay attached. It is well worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
              Surfed last night behind my brothers 2011 rz4 and he did the bolt two 1080 skateboard ramps together and velcro to the side. The wake was.... huge! I honestly couldn't believe how big it was. He has some pics I'll try and get some from him and post on here. It did come off a few times so we are trying to figure out how to get it to stay attached. It is well worth it!
              Wondering if it's at all possible to use the suction cup mounts like they are using on the "suck gates" to hold this on. Cut a hole in the back to access the suction cup handles and it would then eliminate the need for velcro.

MC TT has an 80+ page thread on shapers...must have some wave challenges over there. The link below has alot of different links and options that people have tried.
              https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=70442
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I built a "suck gate" for my 21v last week and used it over the weekend. It worked great and saved us from a frustrating weekend (more on that later). I would highly recommend building one or two, for a spare. I went from going ropeless and hanging out right behind the swim deck to 8-10 feet back and making nice turns. My brothers went from having a tight rope to ropeless and just starting to figure out how to turn. My brothers are all 200+ and riding a board that doesn't fit them, and they still had fun.

Side note: I had about 900 pounds in each corner and 250 in the bow walkway, plus the three 220ish guys in the boat while I surfed. The swim deck was 8-10 inches underwater when not moving, the boat was level.
                Last edited by UNSTUCK; 06-07-2016, 06:13 PM.

Comment

We were just looking at how to mount suction cups today. The velcro just seems like it won't really work that well in the long run. Plus its pretty darn ugly!

Comment

Used my Wakeshaper for the first time over the weekend (early Father's Day present) and it was worth every penny. No listing, no pumping side to side, no issues with the Velcro... Just all day surfing and a better wave than we have ever had even with up to 1600 lbs on the surf side and 9-11 degrees of list.

Comment

Man I must be doing something wrong then I built a suck gate for my r20 to try out and we'll yes the wave looks super clean but it's so small and has no push I'm gonna go back to listing the boat get a much better wake

Comment

I have built quite a few suck gates and they are the way to go IMO. Instead of spending $500 on the same thing from mission delta or putting Velcro on the side of your boat. If you have questions I would be happy to help, we have been riding one all summer as well as all my friends we built one for.

Comment

I had the ronix setup on my old 2012 axis a22 and the surf wake was better then my buddies 15 axis A22 with surfgate and weighted the same. cleaner wake and more push, down side is having to stop and switch sides to surf other side... I

Comment

Working...
                          X