How to access port bag? 2012 Z3 - fitting loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to access port bag? 2012 Z3 - fitting loose

Can someone give me some pointers on how to access the port front bag? We had a scary moment yesterday where the fitting appears to have come undone because it was basically pouring water into the boat and we got dangerously close to sinking before realizing what was happening.

It's a 2012 Z3. It looks like the compartment that would have access to it is basically nailed shut near the amps. Do I just need to pry that open? I can see it from the starboard side by the heater, but I can't reach anything.

Thanks for the help.

Found this thread, is this the recommended way? It seems like i should be to access by the amps.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...CCESS+PORT+BAG

Comment

I put the hatch in mine but the easiest way it to remove the barrier between the bag and the amps. Mine are screwed together so it's pretty easy to take apart. I had a big split on me. So I would take the bag out and inspect it really good. The hatch is a must do mod. Getting to those bags to keep them untangled and empty is a must.

Comment

The screws are likely hidden in the carpet pile.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'll look harder for the screws in the carpet... but I agree, the hatch makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
          X