Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a dumb question

Will a fly high fat brick float?

LOL! I know the answer to this and wasnt looking to find out!

No, a brick wont float, even when hooked to a 200 lb guy. I slipped off the platform of Bad05's boat holding a full one and we were both going down. Bad05 dove in and grabbed the other handle just in time.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If it has some air in it to equalize the weight of the bag it will.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
        If it has some air in it to equalize the weight of the bag it will.
        Yep... the bag fabric is heavier than water so it will sink when empty. Water in a full bag has the same specific gravity as water outside the bag, so it factors out. That leaves the original weight of the bag, offset against any air trapped inside it. A totally full bag will thus sink just like a totally empty one, while one with some air may float depending on how much air vs. weight of bag.

Comment

Well if we're filling bags there ganna be slammed full so she's ganna sink thanks for the repleys

Comment

as the sunlight was fading and the water was getting colder as i sank towards the bottom of lake mead, that sac on my chest felt a little heavier than 5 lbs
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Strap a life jacket around it.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                as the sunlight was fading and the water was getting colder as i sank towards the bottom of lake mead, that sac on my chest felt a little heavier than 5 lbs
                hahahahaha
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                X