RZ4 Ballast upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ4 Ballast upgrade question

Does anyone know if there were any changes to the RZ4 (other than powertrain) from a hull/storage perspective.
    I'm looking at wakemakers, and they have 2 84" bags that go in the rear locker and extend under the side seating......the larger bag is for 2012 and older models, the 930lb bag is for 2013+......which is on backorder. I'd prefer the larger bag, and did not think there were real changes. Any help is appreciated.

Jarrod,

The RZ4 really did not change from its original 08 model to now. Its ballast configuration has changed, but not the locker size, etc. That wake maker 84" sac you see is actually a Fly High ballast sac made by Fly High with the assistance of Tige. The W005 can be purchased from any Fly High dealer. Having said that, its not the best sac for a boat like the RZ4. Too small! What you want is a proper custom sac for the RZ4, regardless of year or factory ballast option. This sac does exist. Its not on back order but only 10-14 days lead time away. Plenty of threaded ports for extra pumps or a transfer pump for switching sides.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike

Thanks for response.....how would i order, and will stock pump be sufficient? How much weight would it be?

Comment

Order from MLA (Mike / chpthril) , he has the custom sac dimensions you will want and his prices are friendly for Tige owners. He ordered my custom sacs and all the ballast pumps and hardware. Excellent customer service, he has helped many people on here and knows ballast setups as well as anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

^^^^What he said^^^^
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by jarrod View Post
            Mike

Thanks for response.....how would i order, and will stock pump be sufficient? How much weight would it be?
            Swapping sacs would increase the ballast capacity by 3X, so fill and drain times would also change. Roughly 12-15 minutes. 'bout 1300# with the custom as compare to #900 with the W005
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike

Ur inbox is full....i want a port side bag……please let me know how to do this

Jarrod

Comment

http://mikesliquidaudio.com/contact.html this is his shops website with contact info also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
                X