Bow Weight Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Weight Question.

Okay guys, I have a bow ballast question. I have a pretty good understanding of how ballast relates and where to put weight to change the wave. I recently purchased a 1000# ontop of seats bow sac, and usually run 2000+ on the surf side (rear). So I am right about 50% of my rear weight, and recently added a prototype Taps plate that is quite larger and drops almost a full inch deaper in the full down position from the original TAPS 2 plate. Is there a point where to much bow weight becomes counter productive to the wave? I understand the stuffing the bow and additional "risk" of a heavy bow but I really want to lengthen the wave, but Don't want to sacrifice height to do it. I was running 400 up front in the past and it's good, but I want great. Anyone running 1000 or better up front? Worth it? Or just fill the bow 3/4 and call it 750? I haven't tested the bow sac yet and plan to this week, but trying to get an idea of what I should expect.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

I think you will like the added weight in the bow to add length to your wave. I have a 22v and run 1100lbs in my bow and around 1500-1600lbs in the rear surf side and I have a nice long wave. Keep in mid the more bow weight you run and or the faster you go will add length but will start to shorten your height. You just have to play with it but sounds like you are at a really good starting point.

Comment

How close to the water is the bow at rest? Any significant swamping issues?
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Not sure at rest but not really a problem if you adjust your driving style. I've maybe taken water over the bow once or twice in several years and my boat is smaller than yours. You should be fine.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks for the help. I will do a thread of before and after.

Comment

Working...
          X