ballast drain while riding help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ballast drain while riding help

little history. 2012 tige 22ve. chp regular side "enzo style" sack. man does this thing throw a great wave. he sold me the parts to add 2 additional pumps, 1 drain 1 fill. all factory stuff is still intact. I added a fill pump with 1" plumbing on the top and added another drain. it's located along the side of the hull under the sack and connects to the port in the rear of the chp bag- drains out the goofy side. vent is as-is.

problem is while riding, I'm losing water. I can't tell whether it's coming out the vent or the bag is pushing out the drain on the regular side. don't really want to route both vent/factory drain to the goofy side as then I have to do the same for the goofy bags(still factory). I don't think it's coming out both. I have tried to figure out which one but have not been successful. when the boat is heavily listed the ports are under water. once the bag loses around 1/3 of the top, it stops losing water. I tend to think that it's siphoning out one of the ports as they are underwater and the force of the boat moving starts a suction. just not sure if the pressure of the bag would cause the factory red pump to have water move through it without being on. wouldn't think so since the ones thru the hull would do the same while running empty so I tend to think it's the vent side.

any quick or cheaper thoughts than $100 in hose and a bunch of re-routing? planning on finally ordering a goofy side sack from him so want to do the work at once.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Have you ruled out passive draining through the fill line(s) by shutting off the ball valves after the sac is filled?

A check valve in the vent line will usually cure any passive draining there.

Was your boat originally surf or pro level ballast before upgrading the 350# OEM surf sacs? Passive draining could be taking place through either or both of the port side drains.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i'll try that once I put it in the water for the first time.

surf ballast. I thought the pro was the larger front sack in the '12 models and didn't think the 22ve's would support the larger front sacks(separate instead of a bow sack).

if I were to put a check valve on the vent line, it would keep suction from causing draining if I understand.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
      X