Cooler location with ballast bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I have been reading on here for quite a while, but haven't posted yet. I bought an 06 22Ve (no ballast) last spring and had a blast last summer. Im considering ballast in the future. I was curious where others keep their drink/food cooler when the lockers have bags in them. I currently keep my cooler in the starboard rear locker as the stock built in cooler isn't enough. Any insight is appreciated and thanks for all the write ups. - Matt

Here is a picture of my set up - hopefully the picture works
    image.jpg

I always put a cooler right under the helm, in front of the sub. When I drive I find I still have lots of room for my legs, yet the cooler is easily accessible.

We have put some stuff in the walkway up to the bow before, its a little in the way at times but the kids just hop over it.

Comment

never enough room hey!! we just transfer from one side to the other in rear lockers if we have too. Never have both sacs full at the same time.

Comment

I hate the stock cooler location on my 24v. It's a huge storage area if you remove the factory cooler. I keep the cooler in the walkway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

One thing that helps for us is we only have soft side coolers. They can go about anywhere...

Comment

I have a 05 22V and the built cooler used to under observer seat. It's a useless for a cooler since doesn't hold ice and the water drained such that it got the cabin carpet wet. I would fix the drain but would last very long.

I then purchased a AO Cooler that fits perfectly under the bow filler cushion and converted my cooler into the anchor, bumpers and ropes locker. I removed the cooler, sanded and coated with truck bed liner. The bag cooler is awsome and resides Ina place that was once wasted space. All my wet stuff has a place and plenty big.

https://www.aocoolers.com/coolers/ca...ler-black.html

Last edited by Captainkurk72; 04-27-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

^^^^ that's exactly what I did too captainkurk. Same annoying cooler on my 2004 24v. They wasted a lot of space around the factory cooler where you can store stuff once it's removed.

Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. Part of me trying to figure out where to put things is the wife likes to keep everything clear and put away. I think I'll be removing the observer seat cooler for extra space.

Comment

Working...
                X