Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes!

Comment

have anyone tried the "suck gate" diy, or mission wake shaper?

Comment

Yup. My next plan is to make the panel that's on there now a dedicated base plate. My plan was to test out some different angles and shapes but ya, going with the angle of the hull makes perfect sence. Thanks for the heads up, skiguy! I'll start there.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
          so like this?
          Yes. That's right. I've built a few versions of gates for my 03 Malibu LSV before I sold it, including final gel coated versions after I knew it was dialed. Always worked best when you angled it similar to transom. A few reasons for this, but one of the benefits is on hinged gates you don't want the stowed (non used) gate to drag in the water. So the gates have a taper on them and when angled with transom it tucks up higher when not in use, but gets pushed downward below transom level when deployed. Oh, and helps a lot with spray... no fire hydrant effect. Slick use of the rack!

Comment

^^^Ha, thanks. Its pretty stupid as a finished product but just to try it out was worth it. It worked perfectly for what it is. It was completely stable. I'm sure I'll retire it back to holding kites for a living.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
            X