Another satisfied MLA customer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another satisfied MLA customer!

Thanks Chpthril...and JLG, skippabcool, rmason256 for your great install threads! No photos added since mine looks almost identical to JLG's except only one thru hull and manifold for three reversible pumps plus a transfer pump. Great help and instructions from Mike. First video is pre-install last year. Second is post install (youngest is hooked and couldn't wait - 66 degree water is a little cold for me). https://vimeo.com/160471782https://vimeo.com/160471966

that looks good, but you should be able to clean it up more than that even. did you get the custom sac, was there opposite side weight, bc rider recommended to me to not run any opposite weight and it def helps clean it up, and I like taps 3 ish. good start though

Comment

Sweet! MLA all the way! You will love that transfer pump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

dukesofhazzard, I'm still trying to find the best speed taps combo. We were in a hurry to get away on Friday so I forgot the surf flap. Yes, I got the customs....front and port were as full as I could get them, taps 4 speed 11.2. Cleanest wave right now is at 10.5ish with taps 3.5 but the wave is nice and tall but not very long. I've been trying to speed up to lengthen the wave but that's when it gets dirty. I guess the next step is to trim the teak swim platform. That might be next years project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is one that is a little cleaner.

Comment

At first glance that wave is massive. Then you realize it is a kid on the board . Still looks terrific though.

And you are complaining about 66 degree water in March? Friends off.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

nice, yeah i guess my swim deck is diff. 11.0-12 is where we ride, I find the 400lb er on the seat makes a big diff too. my next step is the starboard bad and a transfer pump too. wave lookin good!!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words as well as the opportunity to earn your business.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

2008 22Ve owner here with MLA full system. My best wave is speed 11.0, TAPS at 2.5-3.0. For starboard side, I don't run any bow weight unless I have a large crew and I need the bow weight to lengthen the wave a little bit. I do run bow weight when surfing port side, otherwise the wave is just too steep - especially for little ones.

Based on water temp you're describing and the background - are you on LKN? I got out yesterday, the water was cold but no complaints!

Comment

Definitely play with all the speeds and taps settings to find the best wave for you. As dukes mentioned I never run opposite side ballast as I find I get more wash instead of a clean wave. When I'm driving I will even stand closer passenger side seat. I typically have it set up with speed around 11-12mph and taps anywhere from 3-5.
                    Port side: That's running Mike's custom sac, hard tank @ 250lbs on the surf side, 4-55lbs steel blocks again on the surf side that I can move around to tweek. I have also now been running more bow ballast as well. Sometimes do, sometimes don't. This year I'm going to start playing with the speed a bit more to try and help lengthen the wave along with more bow weight.

For goofy riders I always run bow ballast and even move some of my steel blocks up front for more. I also find the goofy side doesn't need as much side weight. I only have one of Mike's custom sacs so I just run 2-400's that aren't even all the way full under the seat and in the locker with the hard tank again at 250lbs.

Goofy wave first, Regular side bottom
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info BCRider. rhoadsdj, no it is Lake Richland Chambers near Corsicana, TX

Comment

Working...
                      X